tanks, trucks and sams between trees

doclucio

hi guys, need help, i have found on some missions enemy zsu, sams, trucks etc spawning in the middle of trees forests where you cannot see them and shoot them but they cannot see you too...is that some sort of bug?!? i have modified some missions moving those enemies away from trees but just wanted to know your opinion. thks

I assume you’re referring to missions on the Caucasus map. If so, those missions pre-date the update of the map which altered topography, forests, etc for some locations on the map. Those missions could use revisions.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

so for example, there is a mission for the a10c in which you have to save a downed pilot and he and other enemy soldiers are between bushes, it is not supposed to be like this?!?i can edit the mission to fix it?!?

I for me have noticed that trees seem to be resistant to rockets, missiles... as in, if I shoot a vehicle behind a tree more often than not APKWS have no effect because they'd blow up on the tree, guns do the trick though. This might warrant some more investigation but, has anybody noticed the effect?

Yeah, though sometimes you can 'collapse' trees with weapons (they fall through the terrain and leave a fire), but I think that's only for large weapons. It would be great if trees were made more destructible, but I'm probably dreaming here and it would probably mandate an engine change.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

so for example, there is a mission for the a10c in which you have to save a downed pilot and he and other enemy soldiers are between bushes, it is not supposed to be like this?!?i can edit the mission to fix it?!?

Unless the mission is locked, go ahead and modify it. The easiest way is to mark the offending trees with a trigger and set it to remove the trees. Much easiesr than moving units around.

EDIT: Here's a sample of what I mean. Just some Abrams in trees that get removed: Deforestration Test.miz

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I for me have noticed that trees seem to be resistant to rockets, missiles... as in, if I shoot a vehicle behind a tree more often than not APKWS have no effect because they'd blow up on the tree, guns do the trick though. This might warrant some more investigation but, has anybody noticed the effect?

Yes, absolutely.

Ive found it possible that rockets / AGM's will hit the trees and explode so guns guns guns tend to fare better.

Only playing custom or dynamic missions at the moment so don't really mind (quite like it) but if it was stopping me progressing a campaign it would be pretty annoying.