Question regarding new Computer

Good evening,

I am looking forward to get a new PC in the next weeks. I would like to ask, what hardware to choose.

By the way, I have to keep the budget in sight.

1. CPU Ryzen 5 3600XT

2. GPU : GTX 1660 Ti or 5600XT

3. 32 GB DDR4-3200

Do You think DCS will run in a good way.

For the future , I plan to Purchase TRack IR and the TM16000 HOTAS.

Thx ,

Oliver

I suggest you get a better video card instead 32gb ram. you can add more ram later in case you need.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

The GPU decision should be based on what res you want to use it. Full-HD and a 1660 is ok, for more pixels you should as said above grab a better GPU.

Contrary, dont buy 16GB now ( 2x8GB) and then "try" to match another kit 6 months later, you might get a bad suprise. RAM should be purchased in a final kit if you want to avoid any trouble.

It may work but it has a high chance of failing too.

You should consider a Ryzen5-5600 CPU as well, it's the best bang for the buck far and wide right now, if you get one.

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 1 month later...

If you're looking at a 3600 for a CPU, don't waste the extra cash on the XT...no benefit.  The 3600 is in stock now and the price is starting to come back down to where it should be (I paid $170 USD for mine).  For 1440p gaming, the new 5000 series are a waste of cash (look at the benchmarks).  You MAY get up to 5% extra FPS (i.e. 1-3fps).  Actually anything more expensive than a 3600 is a waste.  Spend the extra on a video card instead, you'll be way further ahead.  I don't know however how the 5600x does in DCS at 1440p as nobody uses it to benchmark.  

Also, keep your eye on RAM prices as I have noticed they are starting to creep up again from their lows in Oct/Nov.  People will argue on here that 32GB is 'required' for DCS, but that is nonsense.  These are usually the same ones that think you 'need' a 5950X.  Read up on allocated vs used RAM.  I have 32GB just because it was so cheap at the time, but I see no benefit in DCS going from 16GB.  If it's cheap however, you may as well.

Edited by aleader

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

1 hour ago, aleader said:

If you're looking at a 3600 for a CPU, don't waste the extra cash on the XT...no benefit.  The 3600 is in stock now and the price is starting to come back down to where it should be (I paid $170 USD for mine).  For 1440p gaming, the new 5000 series are a waste of cash (look at the benchmarks).  You MAY get up to 5% extra FPS (i.e. 1-3fps).  Actually anything more expensive than a 3600 is a waste.  Spend the extra on a video card instead, you'll be way further ahead.  I don't know however how the 5600x does in DCS at 1440p as nobody uses it to benchmark.  

Also, keep your eye on RAM prices as I have noticed they are starting to creep up again from their lows in Oct/Nov.  People will argue on here that 32GB is 'required' for DCS, but that is nonsense.  These are usually the same ones that think you 'need' a 5950X.  Read up on allocated vs used RAM.  I have 32GB just because it was so cheap at the time, but I see no benefit in DCS going from 16GB.  If it's cheap however, you may as well.

I disagree, he needs to bound CPG and GPU, so if the 3600 series are good prrocessors (I ran a 3600X for 5 month) they are a lot more limited in this regard, the charts doesn't tell you everything.

But since you like charts here is one, a few hours of fiddling with my brand new 5600X and I managed this in CPU-Z, you can compare, it's performances one Core, the CPU wasn't O.Ced, I just used Ryzen Master Boost mode.

CPUZ-Bench.jpg

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

I don't really care about synthetic benchmarks, they tell me nothing.  I care about real-world gaming benchmarks at 1440p.  From those, it seems to me that it's completely dependent on the game.  I will be picking up my 5600x tomorrow, so I'll see what improvement it brings, if any.  I'm handing my 3600 to my son, along with my B450 MSI Carbon MB.  I'm only getting the 5600x because ironically it's all that's available, and I back-ordered it and can actually get that locally.  I can't even find a 3600, or I would have just got that for him and kept mine (it's his B-day next week).  I'll be putting it into my MSI Gaming Plus B550 MB. 

Edited by aleader

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth