How to show text of radio communications?

Bluecat

Sorry for a dumb question . . . I really have searched the forum, but all the search terms are too general.

Anyway, how do I get the radio communications to show as text? I'm sure there's a simple key press, but I can't figure out what it is.

(I'm in VR if that makes a difference.)

Sorry for a dumb question . . . I really have searched the forum, but all the search terms are too general.

Anyway, how do I get the radio communications to show as text? I'm sure there's a simple key press, but I can't figure out what it is.

(I'm in VR if that makes a difference.)

I'm not sure if the 'subtitles' check box, that is in the settings/options tab from the DCS main menu, will work for all radio communications or not. I've turned that on for a few missions to help with clarifying what I am being tasked to do - but don't think it works for what your wingman calls, for example... But you might try that and see if it accomplishes what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Thanks for the reply.

I'm thinking more for Supercarrier communications. Mother gives a lot of info for Case 3 approaches and trying to remember it all might be easier if I saw it.

It definitely puts the super carrier comms in text format in the top left hand corner for me, so you should get what you are after by enabling the subtitles.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria