Hi, just starting to use these in simple training missions I am making...how useful are they? i just made a mission to practice refueling from the RH hose, so added 2 wingmen....when telling them to go to the tanker, nothing happened, neither when I told them to change formation etc...the selected instructions appeared on screen however and I had the correct radio channel selected ....why would they not respond?

Will they attack targets and good are they? any tips for using them or working around the limitations?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Be careful tanking with AI. I've been hit 3 times, twice while refueling and once while just about to plug. In the former cases, both times the AI dove off the hose into me. Didn't matter which side I was on, when disconnecting both dove into me. Seems they like to go inboard on disconnect. The last time I was just about to plug and was hit from behind on the left hose even while the right was empty. No indication or call he was there or cleared in. Now I just stay in lose parade until they leave....

They did that to me as well.......I cant believe that such basic idiotic behaviour is still not addressed 10 years on........how difficult can it be to stop an AI from crashing into another object?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I was quite surprised at the AI, I gave my wingman (F18-C) a dupilcate load to mine of 4 xGBU38's by mistake, and ordered him to attack ground targets near an airfield, and he only went and released all 4 JDAM's at the same time, and actually struck 4 different targets.. I was pretty impressed at that

..........................aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then he blows it.. 4 HARMS, and he jettison the lot when asked to engage air defences !! LOL

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit