Another DCS update without MiG-21bis...

59th_Reaper

I just want to ask when will happen anything with the MiG-21? Almost every DCS modules have updates usually per month, except the MiG-21bis. The last very small update arrived almost half year ago. Anybody working on it or it will be never finished? It was released in 2014 and still have a lot of bugs and deficiency. All 3rd party try to correct their modules constantly, but the Magnitude just sitting on his laurels. Do you think is fair with the customers? One of my favorite aircraft is the MiG-21, but i'm really angry because of the bugs what has not been fixed since long time ago. Wheels are sinking into the concrete, no heatblur for the client aircrafts, afterburner with smoke and weak engine sounds (mainly by looking at other modules), and i can continue this list until evening...

So dear Magnitude/Leatherneck please try to communicate with your customers and explain for us what is your plan in the nearly future (not in the next 6 years) with this module?

Thanks!

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wheels sinking into the concrete has been solved some versions ago. I think the bugs you mention would be considered minor. One major deficiency still is the drop in fps when the radar is used. This however is beyond 3rd party capabilities. It has to do with the Nvidia driver version and ED's platform.

I just want to ask when will happen anything with the MiG-21? Almost every DCS modules have updates usually per month, except the MiG-21bis. The last very small update arrived almost half year ago. Anybody working on it or it will be never finished? It was released in 2014 and still have a lot of bugs and deficiency. All 3rd party try to correct their modules constantly, but the Magnitude just sitting on his laurels.

I'm sorry but this is so far from the truth ... last update wasn't half a year ago but exactly two months ago and neither was it small:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/news/official-updates/201318-dcs-world-2-5-changelog-and-updates-of-open-beta?p=6430667#post6430667

It not only fixed the FM issues, but contained a complete revamp of IR missiles. Plus instant action missions were added to Syria.

Prior to that we had one in August:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/news/official-updates/201318-dcs-world-2-5-changelog-and-updates-of-open-beta?p=6389994#post6389994

One in July:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/news/official-updates/201318-dcs-world-2-5-changelog-and-updates-of-open-beta?p=6329131#post6329131

Three in June:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/news/official-updates/201318-dcs-world-2-5-changelog-and-updates-of-open-beta?p=6273584#post6273584

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/news/official-updates/201318-dcs-world-2-5-changelog-and-updates-of-open-beta?p=6271729#post6271729

including a major module overhaul:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/news/official-updates/201318-dcs-world-2-5-changelog-and-updates-of-open-beta?p=6252044#post6252044

And one in March:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/news/official-updates/201318-dcs-world-2-5-changelog-and-updates-of-open-beta?p=6095089#post6095089

For the most part those are mentioned monthly updates. Current most important issue related to MiG-21bis is its radar performance drop, which exists for over half a year now and despite sincere attempts could not be fixed previously. So thats MiG-21bis focus. I constantly report other MiG-21bis related issues, however they are of lower priority right now due to legal obligations demanding focus on F4U-1D Corsair. Wheel and suspension issues are known and reported, I dont know of any heatblur issue for client aircraft, did you fill bug report in Mantis for it ? As for afterburner smoke this is reported as well.

Sounds for the DCS cannot be taken from youtube. We would like to obtain samples of MiG-21 engine but due to COVID any services of this nature are impossible, not to mention that last remaining MiG-21 aircraft are in military service and its not possible to get close to them. We had opportunity to obtain very high quality recordings of the F4U-1D Corsair, if opportunity to obtain such for MiG-21 appears, it will be considered for sure.

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

this module is fantastic, the most beautiful and difficult to pilot, but once love is triggered, it will become one with you.

That said, there are currently 2 big problems to solve and they are all radar related. drop in FPS and the inability or almost impossible to view and lock the enemy on the radar.

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

The main bugs are those of the radar and should be of high priority.

For now it makes the Mig-21 more or less unusable for how it´s meant to be used.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

The pictures show burst tires due to hard landing. Aircraft is tilted cause only one of the main gears was affected. The sparks stem from the wheel hubs.

This has nothing to do with wheels disappearing in concrete which was a bug that was solved...

Actually he's right. The pics show what still happens with non-burst tyres when taxiing with heavy ordnance/fuel loads and turning fast (main landing gear tyres), or when braking to a stop (front wheel). These, together with front wheel shimmy, are 2014 bugs, which came back a few patches ago. Not a big deal, but I hope a fix is in the works.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Honest question to all those reading the thread, do you like the FM of the mig21 ? Do you feel it is realistic ?

I would say that it have one of the best FM in this game. Its much better than it used to be. Of course I never flied in real one, so I cant say how much its realistic or not.

Actually he's right. The pics show what still happens with non-burst tyres when taxiing with heavy ordnance/fuel loads and turning fast (main landing gear tyres), or when braking to a stop (front wheel). These, together with front wheel shimmy, are 2014 bugs, which came back a few patches ago. Not a big deal, but I hope a fix is in the works.

Well, that's good to know. I only experienced that after landing, which I thought had to do with hard landing or speeding at take-off... Never had it after start-up.

@59th_Reaper; Care to share your loadout when you have a tire burst on taxiing? I tried to provoke it using your apparent loadout (32 Rocket Launcher + SAB/RBK type bombs) and added the external fuel tank. All added up to 22073 lbs (max 22928 ). During rearming the left gear sinks in the tarmac but resurfaces upon moving.

I taxied at 100 kph and did a full front-wheel break. You can hear the gear touching some mechanical stop. but the tire stays intact.

Same with a 100 kph differential break; first right, then left to keep it on the runway. Here again you hear that a gear limit is reached, but the tires are OK. (tested on last stable version)

The tires don't burst, but slap on some Groms with drop tanks and the ECM pod centerline. Then just try to taxi. It'll grind on the ground quite readily when you take a turn that's greater than about 45 degrees of change. So, basically, any right angle turn on Caucuses airfields. Sure, it's a heavy load and it should be translated into some kind of feedback, but it feels exaggerated. It's not the biggest problem, IMO. Aforementioned radar issues are, but as has been stated, it may be out of MAG3's ability at the present and not for their lack of trying.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

It's an issue with the suspension, not burst tyres. They clip through the ground sometimes, IIRC it was part of an attempt to make the aircraft not get stuck on grass in DCS when the real thing is happily able to take off and land from the same IRL. It'll probably need some tweaking back and forth to figure out.

With the radar FPS bug, even at half price it's too expensive. I should have come here before buying :mad:

It gets fixed, no reason to be angry about it. The worrying part is always when obvious and common bugs gets from Open Beta to Stable branch, but Open Beta is suppose to be buggy, broken and deny normal missions because it is not meant for entertainment but for development and participate to it by helping developers find bugs that they didn't spot immediately. But if bugs are in the Stable, it is not good.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I just want to ask when will happen anything with the MiG-21? Almost every DCS modules have updates usually per month, except the MiG-21bis. The last very small update arrived almost half year ago. Anybody working on it or it will be never finished? It was released in 2014 and still have a lot of bugs and deficiency. All 3rd party try to correct their modules constantly, but the Magnitude just sitting on his laurels. Do you think is fair with the customers? One of my favorite aircraft is the MiG-21, but i'm really angry because of the bugs what has not been fixed since long time ago. Wheels are sinking into the concrete, no heatblur for the client aircrafts, afterburner with smoke and weak engine sounds (mainly by looking at other modules), and i can continue this list until evening...

So dear Magnitude/Leatherneck please try to communicate with your customers and explain for us what is your plan in the nearly future (not in the next 6 years) with this module?

Thanks!

And missed the most problematic issue - the radar being operational and losing nearly 50% of FPS randomly - Or do you not use the Radar? Concentrate on the operational issues first, cosmetics second.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

But if is an outstanding module, just about the most rewarding fun you can have in DCS is flying the Mig21 in MP on low level Grom missions and sneaking up on unsuspecting Hornets ;-) (Once the E3 is dispatched)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat