Channel Map Vram requirements in VR

speed-of-heat

so the game allocates 15.2 GB of VRam for the channel map , on a reverb G1 at 100%SS...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Well, at least we have 9Gb to spare! I must say that my performance in this map is absolutely great on TrackIR since the 3090 upgrade. (Still waiting on my G2 after I sold my G1 a couple of weeks ago.)

I'm only saying!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 3 weeks later...

In today’s OB update it mentions optimised VRAM for Channel map. Has anyone noticed an improvement in VR performance on the map. I have always had horrible stutters in populated regions particularly at low altitudes, I won’t be able to try the update until this evening. 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I just saw the changelog: "DCS: The Channel Map by ED, Optimized VRAM meets 4GB requirements."

But after todays update the Channel map still runs with very low FPS compared to other maps- so no real optimation performance wise for me.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

20 hours ago, fjacobsen said:

I just saw the changelog: "DCS: The Channel Map by ED, Optimized VRAM meets 4GB requirements."

But after todays update the Channel map still runs with very low FPS compared to other maps- so no real optimation performance wise for me.

I know I agree. Normandy map is looking better and running better than ever so it’s my go to for WW2 VR. Love some of the work on WW2 birds by ED recently though so lots of credit there but it’s a shame after purchasing the channel that I just don’t use it. 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Tried the Channel map yesterday for the first time.

The only problem I have now is that after flying in MS2020 in VR every other sim seems like toy town especially with regard to the colours.

Both the Channel and Normandy maps seem like they're coloured with kids crayons i.e. bright greens and totally unrealistic for the area.

I know that MS2020 uses bing data, but it's more than that as the terrain, foliage, buildings, colours, pretty much everything is spot on.

Here's hoping that DCS implement something similar in the future.

On 12/26/2020 at 11:33 AM, Georgio said:

Tried the Channel map yesterday for the first time.

The only problem I have now is that after flying in MS2020 in VR every other sim seems like toy town especially with regard to the colours.

Both the Channel and Normandy maps seem like they're coloured with kids crayons i.e. bright greens and totally unrealistic for the area.

I know that MS2020 uses bing data, but it's more than that as the terrain, foliage, buildings, colours, pretty much everything is spot on.

Here's hoping that DCS implement something similar in the future.

Try this mod. 

It’s the only way to change the saturation levels in VR that I know of. It has made a massive difference for the look of the game for me. 

• Thanks 1

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 6:13 PM, westr said:

Try this mod. 

It’s the only way to change the saturation levels in VR that I know of. It has made a massive difference for the look of the game for me. 

Now that actually looks useful, thank you.