Small Sound Thoughts

Rover

So this is really small and most people wont notice it, but maybe your sound guy/girl needs something to do, after a shutdown (or crash landing) I love the turbine spooling down and you can even hear the clock ticking :thumbup: buuuuuut maybe add a that "clicking/crackling" sound from when the engine cools down?

It felt really anticlimactic after crash landing with a severely damaged plane, just making it down alive sliding down the runway sideways and all you hear is a ticking clock.....:unsure: Maybe you could hear fuel leaking out or a leak in the air tank as well?

And talking of engine shutdown there is a short "BRUUURRHHrrRrrr...." sound that is played on top of the sound from the cylinders just before the engine stops, its feels to loud/abrupt in my setup:music_whistling: and the inertia starer also sound weird, like a short sound loop just repeating itself instead of the sloooowly increasing pitch/gear grinding I would expect from it.... so :imho: tweak those sound design a little.:prop:

Anyway LOVE the P47 and the new DM even makes getting back to base interesting.

• Like 1

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

• ED Team

Our inertial starter sounds exactly like in reality. There is no "sloooowly increasing pitch/gear...." that you expect.

And in the same way, we cannot add the sounds of what is not there. When the fuel flows, there will be a sound :)

Edited by btd
  • Like 2

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

Our inertial starter sounds exactly like in reality. There is no "sloooowly increasing pitch/gear...." that you expect.

And in the same way, we cannot add the sounds of what is not there. When the fuel flows, there will be a sound :)

Fair enough and thanks for answering:thumbup:

Idon't want to criticize your guys work but it do bother me a little:)

I guess many P47s have different starters nowadays but on the only 47 electric inertia starter I'v heard, the motor and flywheel slowly speeds up for about 10-15s? In my game and headphones it sound more like a sound loop that repeats every 2s and after 5s there is a low "huumm" sound (flywheel?) and after more then 15s it starts "cutting off" every 5s.

Ok I will stop "complaining" now but my wish-list still stands:D.

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

• ED Team

Complain anyway) sometimes feedback can be extremely helpful, even if it's negative;)

As for starter - yes, it's boring and quiet in real life, without any pitches. It starts "cutting off" I think because of the battery, low battery. You can try to turn on the ground power and it will sound without any breaks.

Best regards,

DsuKqPDcAfw

Hight pitch wine of the starter and you can hear the cylinders clanking around as the prop turns. I don't understand why there's so much talk of "the starter is silent" when there is mounds of real-world video evidence disproving this claim.

To bee clear I​​​​​​​​​ do not have a problem with how loud the starter is.

However I didn't think the plane in your video (wich sounds just like in game:thumbup:) actually had a inertia starter, but I'm obviously not an expert on this subject.

​​​

So as a counterargument I I found this clip, at 2:28 I think he starts spinning the flywheel (energizing?) And about 15seconds latet engages it.?

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

Because we ourselves recorded the sounds of the starter, which is implemented in our DCS model :smilewink:

There must be some kind of sound balance issue when it gets to the customer's computer, because I and many others cannot hear the starter, and tire noise drowns out the sound of the engine. ED has been unable to reproduce those issues, which to me makes it seem like ED is testing on a dev build that is not equivalent to the public build that goes to the customers.

• ED Team

We have already spoken about the starter, please listen to real recordings from the cockpit: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-war-ii/dcs-p-47-thunderbolt/279312-engine-sound-or-the-lack-of?p=6265388#post6265388

Tire noise sound reduced already. But I'm afraid that you will get this update only with a new branch version. While you can use the temporarily solution: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-war-ii/dcs-p-47-thunderbolt/bugs-and-problems-an/283368-cannot-reproduce-tire-noise-way-too-loud?p=6454976#post6454976

I hope other 170+ sounds for P-47 are in sound balance ;)

• Like 1

Best regards,

We have already spoken about the starter, please listen to real recordings from the cockpit: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-war-ii/dcs-p-47-thunderbolt/279312-engine-sound-or-the-lack-of?p=6265388#post6265388

Tire noise sound reduced already. But I'm afraid that you will get this update only with a new branch version. While you can use the temporarily solution: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-war-ii/dcs-p-47-thunderbolt/bugs-and-problems-an/283368-cannot-reproduce-tire-noise-way-too-loud?p=6454976#post6454976

I hope other 170+ sounds for P-47 are in sound balance ;)

Was that recorded with a GoPro? It's very muffled in the same way the GoPro's casing deadens sound.