Help needed, triggers for Supercarrier templates

Gianky

Hello there!

Fair warning, mission editor noob, here!

Lately I've been preparing a series of templates, following

. They work fine, but I'm finding troubles with the triggers for spawning and despawning them. I have a mission I use as a sandbox, with various aircrafts set as clients: I'd like to be able to se the carrier deck at mission start for launch, set it for landing when I move inside a zone (behind the carrier) and reset it when I take control of a new aircraft.

What I did is to create three triggers:

- one at Mission Start, with no condition, where I spawn the aircrafts and crew along the elevator 2, the corral, island and junkyard, that have to stay there in every situation; spawning them set Flag 1 on;

- one set to the event "take control", with a condition to check if Flag 1 is true (it should always be) where I spawn aircrafts and crew at the stern of the carrier and despawn aircrafts and crew on the bow, so that catapults remain free for launch;

- one set to no event, with a series of alternative conditions that returns true when the client aircrafts get inside a moving zone behind the carrier, where I despawn aircrafts on the fantail and spawn aircraft and crew on catapults 1 and 2;

Well... no idea why, but when I start the mission, I select the gamemaster spot, go see the carrier and it has no static objects on it, whatsoever... I take control of one of the client aircrafts and the carrier deck is set for landing, instead of take off....

Can someone just tell me how I can set up the triggers to achieve the end result I desire?

Launch trigger: MISSION START

Arrival trigger:

1. Create a zone, name it "arrival" or something

2. Create a trigger "ONCE" - Condition: UNIT'S INSIDE MOVING ZONE/PART OF COALITION IS INSIDE... - select your unit, select the zone and select the carrier as the unit to attach the zone to. You won't see it but it'll "drag" the zone with it. Or just simply create a zone big enough so you don't need to use "moving zone". If you want it with selected units but not all from a coalition, then you need to create OR conditions to every single unit I'm afraid.

3. DO SCRIPT...

I think if you're gamemaster you haven't "taken control" so I'm not sure that would fire... To check just add a MESSAGE TO ALL "TEST" and see what flag fires when.

Good luck!