Vaicom Pro new install problem, help needed (moved as recommended by Hornblower)

Doc Blues

This post moved as requested from VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Issue still not resolved. These are the entries from the above fourm:

11-15-2020, 04:50 PM

I've completed a new computer build, and have installed and set up Voice Attack and Vaicom Pro. From the first attempt to use, I'm having an issue after saying a command. For example, for carrier landing, I say "Inbound" and VA says "Recognize Inbound" but then it says "(awaiting additional input). I had these programs insatlled on the old computer, and it worked like a champ, never received that notation before.

I have tried deleting the Export..lua from the saved games folder, which I read somewhere, but this did not fix the issue. I reviewed the settings on Vaicom and VA, everything appears to be set correctly. I compaired the settings on the old vs new computer, and they are the same, except that the old profile had 300 additional commands. I just have no idea what "additional input" it's awaiting.

Any Ideas on how to fix this issue would be welcome.

Thnaks,

Mike

11-16-2020, 03:43 AM

Hornblower: Which add-ons / extensions do you have for Vaicom?

11-16-2020, 04:27 PM

No addons that I'm aware of, only installed Voice Attack, then Vaicom Pro.

11-16-2020, 04:44 PM

Hornblower: OK - if you go to the Editor tab in Vaicom config and then push the test button does the log say that the lists match or does the FINISH button light up?

11-18-2020, 04:32 PM

Sorry its been a couple of days since I last responded, had minor surgery.

Getting back to the first question, I do have the chatter, AIRIO, Realistic ATC.

For the above, yes, the log does say its a match, no action required.

It probably isn't waiting. I have been looking at my logs more over the past few days and I also get that if I continue to hold the TX button down after a command has completed successfully

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Well, whatever it's doing, I get no reply from the carrier.

Now, I remember haveing issues on the old computer, where I was transmittilng to the closest ship, which was not the carrier. As I remember, the fix was to turn off Easy Coms in DCS.

For this issue, I've tried easy coms off and on...makes no difference. One other thing I remember is that when transmitting, the radio would show the frequency I was transmitting on, which is how I figured out I was trasmitting to the wrong ships as the frequency did not match that of the carrier. Now the radio does nothing, remains dark. If I push radio 1 button, it shows the radio tuned to the correct frequency, but when I transmit, it does not display, like it used to. Of course this is an updated version of Vaicom Pro, so I dont know if it is supposed to.

Maybe this will help you to figure out where the problem is...other then the operator :)

Thanks

When you are talking about the radio staying dark what exactly are you referring to - is it on the PTT tab of the Vaicom config or in the cockpit? From your description I would guess it is the F-18. If so, and it is the radio on the UFC you are talking about then this is DCS controlled. Vaicom should show you the frequency you are using on the config PTT tab when you have a TX button pressed

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Which mission are you trying, and which carrier are you trying to land on (i.e. Is it a Supercarrier or the Stennis)

After watching another video, I went to check something. When I look at the Edit page on Vaicom, it shows 0 keywords. When I open the profile In Voice Attack, it shows 526 commands. It appears to me that Vaicom is not seeing its own profile, and command list.

You don't say what you are flying. However I just did a test in the Hornet. It does not show the frequency of the transmission even when using the radio menu instead of VAICOM, so I think that is unrelated, and probably reflects a change in DCS itself. I did see that the little window just above the channel selector (the one that shows an M if you are tuning manually) changes to an inverted triangle while you are transmitting, and this is true whether you use VAICOM or the radio menu.

You also do not say whether you are using Select or Instant Select, and whether you have "Select Tunes Radio" turned on. It might be helpful to know more precisely what you are doing to call the carrier. That is, tell us exactly what you do and say, and give us the log file (saved in the VAICOMPRO folders) with debug mode enabled.

Well, whatever it's doing, I get no reply from the carrier.

Now, I remember haveing issues on the old computer, where I was transmittilng to the closest ship, which was not the carrier. As I remember, the fix was to turn off Easy Coms in DCS.

For this issue, I've tried easy coms off and on...makes no difference. One other thing I remember is that when transmitting, the radio would show the frequency I was transmitting on, which is how I figured out I was trasmitting to the wrong ships as the frequency did not match that of the carrier. Now the radio does nothing, remains dark. If I push radio 1 button, it shows the radio tuned to the correct frequency, but when I transmit, it does not display, like it used to. Of course this is an updated version of Vaicom Pro, so I dont know if it is supposed to.

Maybe this will help you to figure out where the problem is...other then the operator :)

Thanks

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

After watching another video, I went to check something. When I look at the Edit page on Vaicom, it shows 0 keywords. When I open the profile In Voice Attack, it shows 526 commands. It appears to me that Vaicom is not seeing its own profile, and command list.

That's a sign that it does not have a keywords database loaded in VAICOM. I'm guessing that if you press the "Test" button on the Editor page you will get a message in the log about a large number of mismatches. Try pushing the Reload button, and if that doesn't help, then go to the Reset tab and Reset the keywords and profile.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

And here is the log file:

VAICOM PRO logfile

Plugin version 2.5.23.1 (release)

License: PRO

Executing automatic lua code installation.

DCS World version 2.5 not found.

Using custom install path for 2.5 OpenBeta

Install path = C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta

Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Mike\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Unchanged: Export.lua

Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

Reset: speech.lua

Reset: common.lua

Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

Reset: gameMessages.lua

6/7 DCS-side files were updated.

DCS World version STEAM not found.

Checking VA profile.

Importing RIO extension pack...

Done.

Loading keywords database...

Success.

Loading F10 menu items...

Updating aliases..

Done.

Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.

Adding 0 imported menu commands.

Building master keywords table...

Building kneeboard tables...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object./n at VAICOM.Database.Aliases.BuildKneeboardAliasList()

Building master labels table...

Success.

No new DCS modules to import.

Adding themepack collections

Chatter theme init: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Startup finished.

Ready for commands.

------------------------------------------

DCS mission | PG-SUPERCARRIER-HORNET-CASE I RECOVERY

Resetting selected units.

Player New callsign entered module FA-18C Hornet, unit callsign Uzi21

Nearest ATC: USS Arleigh Burke IIa.

Scanning for new theater.

TX4 | AUTO AM 127.500 MHz tuned for Supercarrier unit Theodore Roosevelt [AI]

Captured sentence: inbound

(awaiting additional input)

TX4 | AUTO AM 127.500 MHz tuned for Supercarrier unit Theodore Roosevelt [AI]

TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210 AM 127.500 MHz tuned for Supercarrier unit Theodore Roosevelt [AI]

------------------------------------------

DCS mission | PG-SUPERCARRIER-HORNET-CASE I RECOVERY

Resetting selected units.

Player New callsign entered module FA-18C Hornet, unit callsign Uzi21

Nearest ATC: USS Arleigh Burke IIa.

Scanning for new theater.

TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210 AM 127.500 MHz tuned for Supercarrier unit Theodore Roosevelt [AI]

As @sthompson said, the issue appears to be with your Vaicom database (the screenshot of the Editor tab shows 0 commands in the database). If you click on the command phrase dropdown, are there any entries in the list?

I think you need to reset your keyword database as follows:

1. Go to the Vaicom Reset tab, select Keywords (and nothing else) and then hit Master Zero

2. Go to the Editor tab and check that there are now a few hundred commands counted (box at the top left of the screen)

3. Click on the FINISH button and follow the steps to sync with the VA profile

If this doesn't do anything, you may also want to reset the Profile on the Reset page

F I X E D ! ! ! !

Resetting the keywords did the trick.

Thanks hornblower, and sthompson.

Mike

Glad it is working

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk