Development report

6S.Duke

Regarding: 

• Improved: Flight model - Rudder efficiency at low speed (better control in crosswind conditions)

This is good timing - last week I was experimenting with different weather and crosswind conditions at takeoff and could not keep the plane on the runway.. lol. 

I just reduced the wind and finally took off near the middle of the runway.. 

Thanks for the continued updates and improvements to the MB-339! 

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Regarding: 
  • Improved: Flight model - Rudder efficiency at low speed (better control in crosswind conditions)
This is good timing - last week I was experimenting with different weather and crosswind conditions at takeoff and could not keep the plane on the runway.. lol. 
I just reduced the wind and finally took off near the middle of the runway.. 
Thanks for the continued updates and improvements to the MB-339! 
Consider that the maximum lateral wind allowed for the mb339 is 18 kt.
Within this range, after this patch the aircraft should be ok.

Inviato dal mio SM-F731B utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Is the crosswind limit "max demonstrated" like it is for most aircraft? If so, it doesn't make it an absolute or maximum limit.

All "max demonstrated" means is that during certification, this was the strongest measured crosswind component the aircraft was knowingly tested in. It doesn't mean the aircraft can't handle even stronger crosswinds; it just wasn't tested.

The comments from real pilots stating asymmetric braking is required though, is interesting. I can see that being neccessary at the start of the takeoff roll, until around 50 kts or so.

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."