Presets, Presets, Presets for everyone!!!

jojo77thAD

Do you know that too? You go to a multiplayer server want to get started and realize that you still have to adjust a lot. Your HMCS, detailed personalized weapon configurations, not to forget your radio frequencies, etc. The first time it's still exciting, the second time you think - damn something I've forgotten ... and the third time or 20 times you only fly with some information. who wants to stop half an hour before departureafter respawn, or connection??I find that extremely unrealistic, in real life you have ground staff to do the bare minimum, or you can at least load everything preconfigured and load a stick.

My proposition:

External, loadable, editable configs (text files). So that I can save and load my personalized settings. A feature that many would definitely appreciate here.

Thanks for your attention Brrrrrrrrrrrrrothers!!!!

yes, yes, yes!

ed is already working on a data-cartridge with said functionality, but until this is ready (might take years) it would be a nice stopgap to just have a settings-file where you could set up some basic things: laser code, counter-measure programs etc.

You can do this with the countermeasures, externally via editing the .lua file. ALE40Vparam (trying to remember off memory for the file name). I never have to adjust the countermeasure(s) profiles in game, they are set to what I want them to be. I have not messed with DSMS weapon profile customization externally, via any .lua files - but wouldn't be surprised if they are there. Will do a quick search tomorrow before I start flying in our mission and see if I can find it and will direct you to it if they exist and am able to find them.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

There are a few different threads with these types of requests. If ED can expose the data, ppl will find ways to make tools for it. Eg https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-topics/mods-and-apps/291408-dice-dcs-integrated-countermeasure-editor-by-bailey

One of the problems is that the default values that are inaccessible are baked into the aircraft.

With the countermeasures you can do it as Ziptie said, and you can do the same for the F-16C and F/A-18C

For me the file you're looking for is found under Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Mods/aircraft/A-10C_2/Cockpit/Scripts/AN_ALE40V/device and the file is called AN_ALE40V_params.lua

Once you open it up (using notepad++) you'll be able to edit the default presets (A -> M) it should all be fairly self-explanatory.

For the A-10C it's the same path just replacing A-10C_2 with just A-10C; for the F-16C again Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Mods/aircraft/F-16C/Cockpit/Scripts/EWS/CMDS/device and then it's CMDS_ALE47.lua and for the Hornet it's Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Mods/aircraft/F-16C/Cockpit/Scripts/TEWS/device and the file you're after is CMDS_ALE47.lua

Probably a good idea to save a backup of this file somewhere in your user area (or something) before you touch it, then once you're done editing, save it (you'll probably have to run notepad++ as administrator) and then save a copy of it somewhere in your user area - I think DCS will overwrite what's in the main DCS World folder with a default one every time a new patch gets downloaded, by saving a copy in your user area you can just drag and drop which'll save some time.

As for a mission editor/data cartridge system like that other F-16 orientated simulator? Would absolutely love one (not just for the A-10C but across the board) I think Kate Perederko said that one was being worked on for overhauled mission planning across the board.

It would be great to have full control over waypoints, particularly threat and target waypoints, weapon profiles (particularly for Pre-Planned JDAMs/JSOWs), countermeasure profiles, even radio presets and IFF plans (once/if IFF gets improved).

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.