Jug gone (sorta)

HotTom

I went to write a mission in Mission Editor today. I opened dcs (openbeta) and there was no P-47 wallpaper (that was there yesterday).

So, I looked on my Module Controller and, yup, P-47 was an installed module. Looked good. But I disabled and then enabled it again. And restarted my computer. Back to DCS...

Mission editor allowed me to place a P-47D-30 and D-40 but didn't allow me to select "player" for either. I could select "client" and start as "client" but only with externals view.

And, when I called up my mission list, it didn't show P-47 as an option even though it always has before. I go through the Mission Editor, it shows me the P-47 mission I should have and I can select them but I can't fly them. I couldn't get into the cockpit.

I did a Repair. No change.

I opened a P-47D-40 mission that I posted juist yesterday and was told I need a P-47D-40 module to run it? It ran fine yesterday with the P-47D-40 module I used to build the mission.

So, I have P-47 but no wallpaper, cant set any model P-47 for Player. And can't fly from inside the airplane. Other than that, how did you like the play, Mr. Lincoln?

Is there a way I can remove (not disable) the module and install a new one?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

HotTom (formerly known at tttiger)

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

Thanks, Art. I tried that but I think when I renstalled the P-47, it just put back the bused content. I decided uninstall and reinstall all of DCS. Time consuming but I can't think of anything else. I'll report results.

Well, if neither repair & cleanup nor module reinstall helps, I'd try to remove Saved Games / DCS folder temporarily, let the game build a fresh one and see what happens. The problem culprit might be hidden somewhere there and IF that's the case, even full game reinstall might not solve it (because new game will still use old Saved Games content). Anyway let us know how it all ended.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Tried uninstalling the saved games folder (just gave it a new name) and did a repair and, yes, a new one reappeared. I used the trash barrel in installed modules to remove the P-47 (it showed it installed) and then downloaded and installed another P-47 module. It appears in the manager as installed again but he game refuses to recognize it is there.

So, I'm still at Square One. The game refuses to recognize my P-47.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Buehler? Buehler?

That sucks. All I can say is to file a support ticket. Hope you get your Jug back soon!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Okay. I finally got this sorted. Trial and error always has been my method of figuring out computer stuff. But why so many errors? Why do I never hit it on the first trial? Never mind. Rhetorical question.

So, in case this ever happens to anyone else, here's the solution: As I describe above my quest was to get rid of the corrupted P-47 module. Tried the little red trash can in the Module Manager. It was still there. Tried the disable switch in the Module Manager. But when I enabled the module again, it was still corrupted. Then I removed Saved Games and let DCS replace it. Nada. So, I thought, well, if I just dump DCS Open Beta and replace it with a fresh version, it should work. So I went to Widows 10 and uninstalled the whole Open Beta. But when I reinstalled it, the problem was still there.

Finally, today, with no help from ED (don't they even read these forums???), I looked in the SSD where Open Beta was stored and (lo and behold!) Open Beta was still there despite uninstalling it from Windows. So I clicked on delete and it went away. Then I downloaded Open Beta again from the DCS web site and SHAZAM! Worked a charm.

Open Beta and I are together again. Happy ending. Thanks to all.