aborting catapult hookup

Quae Tinnungulus

Just out of curiosity. What are the real steps?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Isn't the abort takeoff option still available via the radio menu, F5 (ATC), F2 Abort takeoff? Could have sworn I saw it there three days ago.. I will be flying tomorrow and certainly double check. Will report back if you aren't able to verify/deny this.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

The radio command is there but I dont think it actually does something. You can test to prove it, but looking at the current ATC system including the Supercarrier part, which itself does not have any departure radio traffic modelled, I doubt it does anything else then sounding terrible.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Just out of curiosity. What are the real steps?

When it's initiated (by anyone that spots a problem i.e. the shooters or final checkers), the deck crew will cross their arms overhead:

1.Shuttle goes aft, launch bar pops up.

2.When confirmed a suspend or hangfire, the shooter or topside petty officer will give the "throttle back signal to the pilot.

3.The pilot throttles back on upon direction from the shooter or TSPO. The JBD goes down.

4.The shuttle goes home (the forward part of the CAT)

5.The aircraft is buffered aft to that the holdback bar can be released so that the green shirt can remove the bar. He or she holds it up to the pilot for confirmation.

6.The aircraft is then either sent to another CAT or sidelined (put out of the way for troubleshooting).

There are cases when you get a suspend and the shooter will try to initiate it again. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. That's where #6 takes effect. It is all very complex and dynamic. The winds across the deck, final checks and mismatched settings all play a part.

I may have missed something as it's been a couple of years since I retired but that's basically it!

I hope I answered your question well!

Edited by Jackjack171
Grammatical errors
  • Like 2

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

That would be nice to have. The Flight deck crew would give the suspend signal and then unhook you, though the actual procedure is a bit more. It maybe too complex for ED to model. I still remember the steps!

Boats! Haven't heard that in a while. What's up brother! Retired ABH here.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

No you answered it quite well. I've seen videos that show a Suspended launch but I was curious who actually directs the actions. I'm assuming the Shooter hears over the radio if it's going to be worked on or retry?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.