[W.I.P]ACLS problem

lhsmithnet1

ACLS brings you too low on ball and touches down too late 9/10 of the time. This makes for an interesting experience when bolting in case III conditions. ACLS used to be fine, but it's unreliable as hell now.

I agree. It's slightly different when compared to RL vids. Of course ICLS is not supposed to be used all the way to the deck but still...

In this clip from Hornet Vids you can see when in close, the ICLS is roughly corresponding to ball movement. It shows 'below' when the jet was about to slam on the deck:

Here's mine:P I was on rails all the way to the deck. Pitched 4 wire, probably because I 'floated' or shoved the throttles forward a bit too early. The ball didn't show high for some reason.

You can see the ICLS is showing me high, which means it's different from RL vid. above.

• 2 weeks later...
  • BIGNEWY changed the title to [INVESTIGATING]ACLS problem
  • ED Team

Hi 

What we currently have is ICLS, ACLS is still W.I.P and will be finished early next year if all goes to plan.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to [W.I.P]ACLS problem
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is zero point auto throttling the f18 for approach because trimmed for approach when dirty config you are controlling the rate of descent with the throttle, and not the stick. The FCS trims so perfectly for AoA (instead of 1g once gear is down) you can fly the f18 using nothing more than 2 throttles if you want - but regardless of that, if you auto throttle it, your gonna create thrust induced ossilations. This is very different than say f14 that doesn't have a FBW doing this.

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

There is an approach mode of the autothrottle system on the F/A-18, at least on the E / F models, but I think on the legacy as well.  It will attempt to maintain on AoA with power while the pilot controls glideslope with stick.  Autothrottles enter this mode if engaged while configured for landing. 

I do not know if DCS models this at all.  I've never tried it simply because it sounds less fun.  😁