Autopilot switches inconsistent

Donglr

I have the pitch autopilot mapped to my Warthog autopilot 3-way switch. This works flawlessly on the ground (where it is entirely useless to play with an autopilot) but when I am in the air this does not work anymore. When I switch of ATT or ALT mode, returning my Warthog to center does not return the in-game switch to center. Instead I have to move my Warthog to the opposite side to get the in-game switch to return to center. This is stupid, but what is even more stupid is that it works on the ground all right.

Bug? Feature?

Don’t have a warthog but I had a similar issue with a button box. I used SVmapper to map the 3 position switches so all 3 positions work as an input. SVmapper monitors all switch positions and when you release the switch to the centre/Off position you can set SVmapper to input a keyboard command when the switch goes back to off..... worked well for me

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x [OC_4700Mhz  1.27v All Core],   AMD Rx6700XT 12GB,    32Gb DDR4_3200 CL16,    M.2_NVMe(OS) + 1TB M.2 SSD for DCS install ,    Delan opentrack IR,    QHD 1440p@75Mhz 32" HDR Monitor.

Hotas heavy modded  T.Flight Hotas One - 3D printed Mods. 3D Printed Pedals 3D prinded Delan Clip, Future mods…Upgrade T.flight to Hall sensors…more switches….F-16 ICP,  Spitfire/Mossie switch labels and future Athentikit Spit Mk iX controls.

It's not ground vs. air but that in condition that the switch latches on or not. It's impossible for the Warthog device to exactly match the F-16 because the physical switch does not have two springs and two solenoid latch devices.

There are ways to bind the switch so that leaving the non-centered positions causes non-centered input. Unfortunately there is no default "special for joystick" for the autopilot pitch switch but you can write it in. Even if you do this it will be the case that your switch will be "finger held" on even when it's logically disconnected which will be weird.

What I've done is make a TARGET script and input the non-centered switch positions as a pulse input so that if the switch doesn't latch it will flop off in the 3D cockpit as feedback. That means the switch in 3D will be in the off position when the physical joystick switch isn't when the switch has fallen off logically but that's the best I can do without two way communication between sim and device.

• Like 1