Everybody is expecting next stable update?

Katalan

I can’t wait to drop JDAMs with AV8 without crash to desktop or aim with the helmet in F18. These and a lot of corrections and new features that seem comes with next update.

When will be? What are your expectations?

I can’t wait moooore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The November 4th update was very good, so we might see a stable update of that one. If they do a stable update any time soon it will probably be based off of that build.

The November 18th update has a few major bugs, particularly relating to HMD cued AIM-9X off-boresight (it moves but is fixed to the horizon), and the F-14A causing CTDs and the wrong model to load. If this stuff can be hotfixed then great, and we might see a stable update sooner. But if not and it's another 2 weeks, I wouldn't expect a stable update for another month or so realistically.

Personally, I'm probably going to switch to open beta now that people are saying that they've noticed some potential optimisations, and the stable is really just a delayed release of an open beta anyhow (just one that's been tested out properly).

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Don't be impatient. Go to the stable updates and look at the dates of the last 4 updates. That will give you some idea when stable updates come.

If you're the impatient type. Use OB.

We're not being impatient at all...it's been a while since a stable update was released. I'd use OB, but I don't want to, because like most, I don't care about Multiplayer, and I don't like dealing with bugs. The OB fiasco of several months ago turned a lot of us off of it. Thanks for your really helpful advice though.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

We're not being impatient at all...it's been a while since a stable update was released. I'd use OB, but I don't want to, because like most, I don't care about Multiplayer, and I don't like dealing with bugs. The OB fiasco of several months ago turned a lot of us off of it. Thanks for your really helpful advice though.

That's funny. You don't like bugs and it's the reason you use stable but the OP is complaining about bugs in stable.

For the stable install it hasn't been forever for an update. Check the dates of the last 4 updates and you'll see what forever is. One of them took 7 months.

I don't do multi anymore but still use OB. I don't get why you need to do multi to use OB? Yes, you need to use OB if you do multi but you don't need to do multi to use OB. Most of us use OB to get the latest updates.

My post was more helpful than yours. I was simply pointing out stable can take a long time between updates and offered proof by pointing out the past updates. Patience is needed to use stable.

Buzz