TACAN HUD display of distance

BigMotor

Yes, I can only assume it is feet, and yes the display changing that way is pretty annoying. Divide by 6000 and you'll get something near NM.... better still unbox it and just use the bearing unless of course you're short on gas. I've no idea if it is staying or was a slip... the HUD symbiology appears to be in a state of flux and RAZBAM info about it is pretty tight lipped for whatever reason. Note you have 2 altimeter read outs all the time now as well.... above 5K you see one preceded with a D - I think that's for digital - GPS but no idea...

SIGBLOCK.png

HUD has been updated to the new vector graphics engine according to a change note I read. So likely a bug in conversion of the TACAN distance.

Best way is to do a bug report.

The leading D is indeed for GPS calculated altitude, if Radar altimeter is not producing valid results, according to Razbam.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Note in MP and lengthy SP sessions TACAN is known to just stop working for all aircraft. Follow the bearing in, when you do not have visual on the tanker. Remember you should be in A/A mode.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.