Not too impressed with the A model and new sounds....

Maxter737

First of all, great work Heatblur! Your overall work on the Tomcat is amazing! Thank you.

But, I just wanted to provide a little of my feedback on the new A model and sounds.

The first thing I noticed was in the instant action menu, there are only A model missions. You cannot select older B model missions. Unless I am screwing something up.

The external engine sounds are better, but still not that great. I had to re-install my 3rd party tomcat sound mod as it has the real loud high pitch whine! You guys should look into that and copy it.

I took the A up to 45,000 feet, clean, lit the burner, and barely pulled over mach 1. Ehhhhh, I don't think so lol. I know this is a known issue and others are reporting, but I haven't seen any response from HB.

Other than that, it looks great!

PS.....this is the first time I have seen an aircraft added that did not have its own download and subfolder. This will be tricky for mods and kneeboard etc....Kind of strange.

The B missions are still there, but unlabelled (as they were before). I flew the Instant Action Supercarrier Case I on both F-14A and F-14B last night.

• Like 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Just by mere curiosity:

" Great work, the Tomcat looks amazing, it looks great "... but then you are " not too impressed " ?

(Naturally there are stuff to be solved down the line, but presently it doesn't look that bad to me.)

There's a feedback thread already:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/licensed-third-party-projects/heatblur-simulations/dcs-f-14a-b/7143821-patch-nov-18th-f-14a-release-feedback-thread

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I had been away from dcs for quite a while, and when I fired up my fav F-14B and took it for a spin, the sounds grabed my attention as highly immersive and a significant improvement from the last time I played. Enough that the words "Holy C%$^" were coming out of my mouth. I was totally impressed. Only after I flew did I catch up on the changes history.

I had been away from dcs for quite a while, and when I fired up my fav F-14B and took it for a spin, the sounds grabed my attention as highly immersive and a significant improvement from the last time I played. Enough that the words "Holy C%$^" were coming out of my mouth. I was totally impressed. Only after I flew did I catch up on the changes history.

Fully agree.

I would suggest you now try the F-14A with the TF-30 engines.

Its sound fidelity (perceptible difference related to the F110's for instance) was a very pleasant surprise also.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

I was amazed by the new sounds, for both A and B, but admittedly have not tried sound mods or spent any time comparing them against real life footage.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

I was amazed by the new sounds, for both A and B, but admittedly have not tried sound mods or spent any time comparing them against real life footage.

Regarding PC sims, the sound is probably the aspect which I always paid the least attention to, (still using a cheap sound set).

Although I've appreciated a lot the different sounds from the TF-30s.

The only mod I would think of installing would be that one to make the dials / gauges / lights more easily readable.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

I don’t feel the distinctive tomcat whine is right with the TF-30s. Hopefully someone will make some sound mods. There have been some fantastic ones done on the F-18.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I don't really get it how devs and modders get different results recording same thing. I thought different hardware and mixing will get just different quality.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

They were strange at first but growing on me and switching between the two notice. On a regular F2, it's too close, though. Best noticed on an F3 flyby or zoomed out. The TF30 have much of a whine to them while the F110 are deeper.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

They were strange at first but growing on me and switching between the two notice. On a regular F2, it's too close, though. Best noticed on an F3 flyby or zoomed out. The TF30 have much of a whine to them while the F110 are deeper.

This ^

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Only thing I will say is that the front hemisphere sounds seem louder than the rear hemisphere, which is a little strange to me.

This is probably more a case of the rear being a little quiet, rather than the front being too loud.

Not really sure about it, just something that strikes me as a little funny, I'll have to watch some more videos

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I don't really get it how devs and modders get different results recording same thing. I thought different hardware and mixing will get just different quality.

Lots of factors, type of mic, sampling response, mic preamp power, mic compressor headroom, where they decide to lay the frequency sweet spot during mastering (the older you are the lower down the frequency range it usually goes.) Like Photography it's an Art not a Science, the recreation of "truth" is meaningless as there's always function compromises being made due to the tools used and the ears making the recording.

• Like 1