HMCS only in one eye

stiggie

Found in in settings you can turn both eyes on.

Blasphemy!! That not realistic at all!

Just kidding mate :P

Although in VR I learned to appreciate HMCS in one eye, I can imagine it can cause you a headache

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Blasphemy!! That not realistic at all!

Just kidding mate :P

Although in VR I learned to appreciate HMCS in one eye, I can imagine it can cause you a headache

I find in VR that is in very unrealistic / functional to have it only displayed in one eye - as VR doesn't properly replicate how our eyes interpret images/scenery in real life. It gives an odd perception. 20/13 corrected vision with IPD set (manual slider on Rift) to real life IPD from eye doctor. When I tried rendering HMCS (A10) and HMD (F18) in a single eye, I did have it rendered on my dominant eye, maybe I should try it on the non dominant eye?

Wondering if this isn't the case for you?

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 1 month later...

Regarding one eye HMCS.

"Apache" by Ed Macy:

The second great challenge was physical coordination. Flying an Apache almost always meant both hands and feet doing four different things at once. Even our eyes had to learn how to work independently of each other.

A monocle sat permanently over our right iris. A dozen different instrument readings from around the cockpit were projected into it. At the flick of a button, a range of other images could also be superimposed underneath the green glow of the instrument symbology, replicating the TADS’ or PNVS’ camera images and the Longbow Radars’ targets.

The monocle left the pilot’s left eye free to look outside the cockpit, saving him the few seconds that it took to look down at the instruments then up again; seconds that could mean the difference between our death and our enemy’s.

New pilots suffered terrible headaches as the left and right eye competed for dominance. They started within minutes, long before take-off. If you admitted to them, the instructor grounded you immediately – so none of us ever did. Instead, you had to ‘man up’ and get on with it.

As the eyes adjusted over the following weeks and months the headaches took longer to set in. It was a year before mine disappeared altogether. A few weeks out of the cockpit though, and they’d be back again on a high concentration sortie – low level, large formation, poor weather, under pylons, hunting and being hunted by the enemy.

It took me two years to learn how to ‘see’ properly – how to see in Apache World. I once filmed my face during a sortie with a video camera as an experiment. My eyes whirled independently of each other throughout, like a man possessed.

‘That’s disgusting,’ Emily said when I showed her the tape. ‘But does it mean you can read two books at once?’

I tried it. I could.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wrench said:

I use dominant eye only, (right eye.) I assume the scorpion in right eye only, meaning that if you're a left-eye-dominant A-10 driver you'd better get used to having a headache for a few weeks. I know guys who fly DCS who use both eyes for medical reasons, so use it however it makes you comfortable.

Nope if you’re left eye dominate the monocle goes over the pilots left eye.