MiG-21bis Radar problem

Nickrs

On 12/6/2020 at 2:55 AM, Hiromachi said:

The lack of radar contacts is direct consequence of work on radar performance fix. As Ive said sometime ago, we attempted to improve the situation by reducing the amount of clutter. However, as the number of objects displayed on the radar screen decreased, targets started vanishing as well. This is why spotting higher is not a problem, but low its problematic. So this two issues are connected. 

What is it with Nvidea drivers after 442.74 that caused the framerate drop. I used to always be able to correct the FPS hit with those drivers installed

When I heard that this problem had finally been fixed, I immediately got on board the MiG-21bis. What a great thing, no FPS drop at all, and the radar works well. Of course, it shows up well on the ground clutter.
I really respect the great efforts of the developers over this long period of time.

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

This is awesome, great work.

6 hours ago, smilodon said:

Does the front wheel always turn in all directions on landing ?

Are you applying back pressure on the stick during the roll out?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Syria generally is heavy. I fired up my new radeon and FPS VR told me that Vram usage goes as high as 15 Gb. I'm sure they will optimize Syria eventually. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I did not own the mig-21 prior to the free period so I cannot compare to the previous performance, however it does seem that the frame drops progressively overtime, almost as if clutter from previous sweeps of the radar scopes builds up. If I switch the scope to standby and then back to operational, the frame rate returns to the lower level, however if I allow the radar to remain in standby mode for several seconds, when the radar is returned to operational mode, the frame rate will be higher and begin to decay again as described earlier. Perhaps this behaviour may hint at the cause.

*Edit* This observation was made in multiplayer on the Persian Gulf map. My single player performance does not show obvious frame rate degradation.

*Edit 2* Rejoined after reseting Fxo and Shader folders. Now seeing stable frames.

*Edit 3* Upon checking frame rates, frames with the radar off go from 100fps average, to jumping to between 95 to 45fps constantly. Same pattern to the degradation of FPS as mentioned above. Can get the minimum framerate back to 59fps by disabling the mirror.

Edited by ShermanZA

2 hours ago, ShermanZA said:

Je ne possédais pas le mig-21 avant la période libre, donc je ne peux pas comparer aux performances précédentes, mais il semble que le cadre diminue progressivement au fil du temps, presque comme si l'encombrement des balayages précédents des lunettes radar s'accumulait. Si je passe l'oscilloscope en veille, puis de nouveau en mode opérationnel, la fréquence d'images revient au niveau inférieur, cependant si je laisse le radar en mode veille pendant plusieurs secondes, lorsque le radar est revenu en mode opérationnel, la fréquence d'images sera être plus élevé et recommencer à se décomposer comme décrit précédemment. Peut-être que ce comportement peut faire allusion à la cause.

* Edit * Cette observation a été faite en multijoueur sur la carte du golfe Persique. Mes performances solo ne montrent pas de dégradation évidente de la fréquence d'images.

* Edit 2 * Rejoint après la réinitialisation des dossiers Fxo et Shader. Maintenant voir des cadres stables.

* Edit 3 * Lors de la vérification des fréquences d'images, les images avec le radar éteint passent de 100 ips en moyenne, à un saut entre 95 et 45 ips en permanence. Même modèle à la dégradation du FPS que mentionné ci-dessus. Peut ramener le framerate minimum à 59fps en désactivant le miroir.

Yes , There is always a problem . That's for sure .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see that radar issue is solved... thanks for action Magnitude... I was hoping to give a shot 21 on free trial... and now Im going for it... had doubts with this nvidia drivers radar ON fps drop...

Edited by deyv
  • Like 1

Madhatter sig2.png

|Ka-50|A-10C2|FC3|F-16C Viper|F-14A/B Tomcat|F/A-18 Hornet|Mig-21bis|Bf-109K-4|Spitfire.IX|FW190 D-9|Normandy|Channel|Nevada|Gulf|Syria|Supercarrier|AH-64D Apache|F-15E Mudhen|

Smilodon, if you still have any issues please provide accurate description, logs and track. Especially track. We keep looking for any input from users to be sure about the fix and absence of any additional bugs. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 7:53 PM, Hiromachi said:

Smilodon, if you still have any issues please provide accurate description, logs and track. Especially track. We keep looking for any input from users to be sure about the fix and absence of any additional bugs. 

If assign in the settings the button to turn on / off the beam radar mode, then this button turns on the beam mode, but does not turn off.

Wish list:

-> MiG-3, MiG-9, MiG-17F, MiG-21F-13, MiG-23MLD, MiG-27K, MiG-25PD, MiG-29K, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24M, Su-27SM3, Su-30SM, Su-34, Su-35S, Yak-3, La-7

-> Me.262, F-4D/E Phantom II, F-100 Super Sabre, F-104 Starfighter, Mirage III, Mirage F1, Saab 35 Draken, Saab JAS 39 Gripen, IAI Kfir