[REPORTED]AGM-65E can't be fired with Mav page as SOI in certain conditions

Bankler

Repro steps:

1) Carry Tpod and some Mav E:s

2) FLIR page to the right, Mav page to the left

3) Arm laser

4) Designate a spot on the ground using the HUD or the JHMCS

5) Switch SOI to FLIR and fine tune your aim at a target (building or vehicle doesn't seem to matter, unlike last time, in this possibly related, and fixed, bug)

6) Switch SOI to Mav page and Uncage

7) Hold pickle

Problem:

The maverick will not fire.

Workaround:

If you switch SOI back to FLIR, or even switch SOI to HUD, you can fire. But you cannot remain in the Mav page.

Remarks:

If you only use the Tpod for designation, everything works as expected. For instance, set FLIR to SOI, use VVSLAVE to get the pod to the general area, fine tune, switch SOI to Mav, uncage, hold pickle. This works fine! The problem only seems to errupt when you have first designated with HUD or JHMCS. I worked as intended if I first designated with the A/G radar btw, which was kind of unexpected.

TRACK ATTACHED

Hornet_MavE_Bug_2.trk

Good luck! We've been asking about this FOR A LONG TIME...

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...gm-65e-and-tgp

In MY particular case (which is different from others) I can get it to work with MAV-E SOI for stationary targets, but for MOVING targets (Boats, vehicles) I MUST make another Sensor SOI. Noticed it when using AG Radar to do a FTT track. Since the FLIR seems to be AUTO-CUED in the background I could lock and fire when acquiring a static target with Radar, and leaving the AG Radar up, but with a MOVER in FTT, I had to move the TDC to the RADAR to get a lock and fire. Haven't tried a MOVER since today's update.

Repro steps:

3) Arm laser

5) Switch SOI to FLIR and fine tune your aim at a target (building or vehicle doesn't seem to matter, unlike last time, in this possibly related, and fixed, bug)

7) Hold pickle

Problem:

Workaround:

If you switch SOI back to FLIR, or even switch SOI to HUD, you can fire. But you cannot remain in the Mav page.

Remarks:

If you only use the Tpod for designation, everything works as expected. For instance, set FLIR to SOI, use VVSLAVE to get the pod to the general area, fine tune, switch SOI to Mav, uncage, hold pickle. This works fine! The problem only seems to errupt when you have first designated with HUD or JHMCS. I worked as intended if I first designated with the A/G radar btw, which was kind of unexpected.

TRACK ATTACHED

100% can confirm this 'behavior' as well. Took me many steps to figure out what was impeding the missile from leaving the rail.

What I am unsure of, is if this is 'realistic' behavior, or whether this is a bug. I don't recall this being how the laser maverick employment procedure was earlier, in early access stages for the Hornet (as in 6 months to a year ago).

If MAV is SOI(TDC priority), the weapon will not fire even though it indicated MAV LKD (as it is x'd out).

Take the exact same situation, and SOI to FLIR (TDC priority) and MAV LKD has the x'd out indication removed, and will accept the weapon release command immediately.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Repro steps:

3) Arm laser

7) Hold pickle

Problem:

Workaround:

Remarks:

TRACK ATTACHED

I played your track and took over at 1:05 immediately before your track begins to lase. I use both the trigger and weapon release button to fire the laser and switch the selection back and forth between MAV and FLIR pages. It's clear that when FLIR is selected the missile can track (X to square) and when MAV is selected missile stops tracking (square to X). That's the bug as clearly as it can be shown.

And I took over the same track at 0:01 and did largely the exact same thing and for some reason in that case I had MAV selected when lasing and it tracked the laser fine. I have no idea why one track doesn't work and the other one does!! I tried making FLIR match MAV code of 1111. I tried making MAV match FLIR code of 1688. I tried initiating laser with shoot button. I tried laser by trigger.

If you can document exactly the buttons and steps you do to get this bug (and I mean exactly, like then I press the 1 key, then I press enter, then I press SCS left, etc.) I'm very curious if repeating that by the written procedure if I can get this behavior to repeat.

Hornet_MavE_Bug_2_extended.trk

Hornet_MavE_Bug_NotSeen.trk

I’ve made the same post receiving over 87 replies with trackfiles of people experiencing the same exact problem with ED’s response: “CANNOT REPRODUCE.”

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-f-a-18c-hornet/bugs-aa/291163-can-not-reproduce-issues-with-agm-65e-and-tgp

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

I’ve made the same post receiving over 87 replies with trackfiles of people experiencing the same exact problem with ED’s response: “CANNOT REPRODUCE.”

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-f-a-18c-hornet/bugs-aa/291163-can-not-reproduce-issues-with-agm-65e-and-tgp

Wouldn't be the first time, unfortunately. It also won't be the last time either. Things slip through, and things happen - but I'm not sure how this could be missed, if it indeed isn't 'realistic' behavior - and most people find the target via FLIR, designate, TDC priority to maverick, confirm lock - weapon release (either twice to start firing laser and then fire missile or once after already firing the laser from the FLIR before switching TDC priority to the MAV). Odd indeed.

For the record - I replied to your thread as well, in an attempt (possibly futile) to get more notice to this issue - which is quite a massive issue indeed.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Good to see yet another thread on this. Hopefully, ED will respond to this. I'm not discounting that this is correct behaviour, but it would be good to see it confirmed one way or the other.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thank you!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Obi;n7144711]Hi, I have replicated, and will report. Will confirm if this is expected behaviour or not. Thanks

Thank you for acknowledging this! I can not accept that it could be expected behaviour. If this would be how the real Hornet worked, the software would be rewritten. Software behaviour like this would be completely unacceptable in a real combat environment.

Repro steps:

3) Arm laser

7) Hold pickle

Problem:

Workaround:

Remarks:

TRACK ATTACHED

The thing is, despite what I have posted on several threads, sometimes this all works fine. I took control of your track and it works OK for me. I always just press the pickle button to fire the laser, and wait for the Mav to lock. I never hold down the pickle button See attached. Hornet_MavE_Bug_2 igm.trk

Sorry to say guys, but this works every time for me now. Here's another track.

Hor Mav E 3.trk

That's nonsense. If the laser is firing and the missile is aimed roughly at the laser spot then it should track. I just did a HUD designation and went around with SCS up/right/down/left and HUD, FLIR, HSI selected worked fine. Only MAV selected did the laser not get seen by the missile. If the missile is already tracking and the MAV sensor is selected all the while the laser is firing it will immediately break track.

If I designate solely with the FLIR I can have MAV selected and track the laser. I can bounce back and forth between FLIR and MAV while laser is on all day and track will be forever. But if set HUD selected and then back to MAV it will break track. And then it won't work until I undesignate and get a "pure" FLIR designation again. There's something screwy in the logic, something simple about straying away from just FLIR/MAV being selected.

Your track doesn't follow the repro steps. You missed point 4. The one marked with bold...

Sorry, my apologies. I thought this was the same issue being described in another thread. Yes, definitely an issue.

the problem seems to arise with any type of target designation and any kind of lasing. in my case WPDSG and/or JTAC lasing.

added a test mission. it is based on ciribob's JTAC script example mission, which i modified slightly (mainly because it didnt work for me in first place, before reading that thread).

there are two JTACs active, one using code 1666, the other one 1777, weapons unlimited. comms menu>other provides all required info.

very easy to repro:

- go into orbit, SPD 230

- master mode A/G, config your mavs, STA 2,3: code 1777 | STA 7,8: code 1666

- HSI>WPDSG waypoint 1

- fly towards target area

- SOI MAV format (uncage): X tracks laser, but no cube symbol

- undesignate: tadaa! cube symbol

ciribob JTAC Test-Day.miz