Ask: scriptable install of DCS Dedicated server

I have some scripts that install the dedicated server, or upgrade it automatically. But it's flakey, because there is no command line way of doing this - I have to use an app to mimic a users mouse and click on buttons. Brutal!

This is really a feature request to ED - whoever is creating the Windows Server version of the dedicated server, that will supposedly replace what we have today.

My ask is this - make this completely automated. Give us a script, powershell or whatever, that can auto update the server, and download all maps etc.

My use case:

I'll create an AWS AMI builder pipeline in AWS and share the AMI for anyone that wants to use it.

The reason I want an AWS AMI because I only want to start my server on-demand (via my phone or whatever), to reduce costs and not have this thing running 24 hours a day.

This also means that login information to my DCS account needs to come from a config file. Setting things up by going to a website is - kinda meh.

For this to work I don't need an "update server" command, as I could always just install from a clean windows machine.

If someone from ED sees this, can you let me know if these asks are unreasonable or if it would be possible to do?

I really would hate to see a new version come out that doesn't support an automated install process. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

from todays change log (of the updater)

Version 2.10.7:
 - New code signing certificate. Signer: Eagle Dynamics SA.
 - Added --quiet option for no-questions-asked updates.
   Usage: DCS_updater.exe --quiet update
 - Repair now tries to update the updater first.

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

On 11/18/2020 at 10:42 PM, bswift said:

I'll create an AWS AMI builder pipeline in AWS and share the AMI for anyone that wants to use it.

Hi @bswiftIs this AMI available?

I'm creating a Terraform project: hectorespert/dcs_world_server_terraform: DCS World Dedicated Server Terraform (github.com) to automatice the deployment of a DCS Server if your AMI is public, I would like to try it.