HUD zoom in and won’t zoom out

ATC31501

Thanks for the above that is very clear.  

I don't have an OptionsPresets or an Inputs folder in my Config folder.  That explains why changes are not saving.

I have work getting in the way at the moment but I will make some changes to see what happens as soon as I can.  I will try making some changes and seeing if the directories and files appear and if not I will go through the process you have just done and see what happens.   It wont be for a couple of hours at least though.

Thanks.

Also, you don't need to save or load profiles, just press the OK button when you make a change.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Ok I now have some files in place as described above. I still need to check if they do what they should.

The files are .diff.lua files, but have weird names with joystick and a strange bunch of letters and numbers in them but with the afore mentioned double file ending.

I thought having the .lua ending they might be readable text files as per a standard lua script file so I tried to open one with notepad++.  They wouldn't open.  Is this correct, or is my system locking the files? If they are locked it might explain the settings not being loaded on a re-start.

That strange bunch of letters is normal.

You should be able to open them with Notepad++

Do you get a message when they don't open in Notepad++?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I think I may have found the issue. 

Having rebooted my PC I can open the .diff.lua files ok.  there must have been a file lock on them, and now the changes has stuck.  so progress there and all good.

I have a switchable USB hub that has a usb device and the the mouse plugged into it. I can switch the mouse off and on with no effect but when I switch the other device off and on the view zooms in!  Perhaps a dodgy hub. I think the other device is my trackIR.  I will rewire it next week to remove it and see what happens.  I will post here when it is done but it will be a few days.

A spiky device was possibly correct!  Thanks.

Something strange is going on with my USB set up.

The devices connected to the hub were mouse and keyboard and not the trackIR.  However the track IR was disconnecting when I switched out the keyboard.  I changed over the hub and now the trackIR switches out when I switch out the keyboard or the mouse. Very odd indeed.

The replacement usb hub is even less reliable as the TrackIR now switches in and out at random without me switching out devices. But each time it happens the screen zooms in.

Its a hardware issue for sure, I just dont see why the trackIR is switching in and out unless something USB related is failing inside my PC. 

23 minutes ago, Eskimo John said:

I will post here when it is done but it will be a few days.

Your days are short, you'll be old quickly...

What about leaving the USB's on the powered hubs on instead of switching them of each time?

I am testing now, and It might be a blind ally. I have unplugged the hub and am flying the P51 without the whole device connected.  And it has just happened again. I suspect at action of switching out a device may have caused the issue to occur rather than be the issue itself.

I will connect the hub back up and fly with the trackIR disconnected to see if that is the cause. lets see....

Ok.  Not the TrackIR.  Completely disconnected  and it still happens.

Something USB is causing it I think, but it is strange that it isn't causing issues in other things like in X-Plane for example. 

I am going to have to disconnect everything USB and see if I can find out which device is causing the issue. Assuming it is a device and not a USB card ot the motherboard.  However its to late for that tonight.  A job for tomorrow if I get time.

I would:

- disconnect all input devices besides keyboard and mouse.

- go into DCS controls and remove all Zoom bindings you can find for keyboard and mouse (in "UI layer" you have 2 zoom functions for VR, i would remove these too), in "General" and in the aircraft you are about to test. Your mouse buttons can also be bond to Camera transpose mode and Enable Visual Recon mode in General. Remove them also. (if needed, take a screenshot to remember)

- start a free flight mission and steer with only the keyboard, if it's still zooming, remove your mouse (if possible).

- if this is OK, start adding input devices one by one and re-test after each device is connected until you find what causes the problem.

• Like 1

If the zoom bindings are not a solution i would look into camera bindings.