[RESOLVED] VTB cusror bullseye bug

myHelljumper

Hello,

This one showed up in todays (2.5.6.57949) or last week's update (2.5.6.57530).

The cursor position from waypoint info disappear when the distance that should be displayed is greater than 10nm, it happens with the waypoint 00 or any other waypoints.

Here is a track from the latest update : VTB_bullseye_bug.trk

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Uhm... sorry, just to understand: are we talking about the PREP+NN+VAL to mark waypoints in the VTB? If so, why you also report it for waypoint 00? It's never shown in the VTB, am I right?

Anyway, I can confirm that since the previous updates (57949) I had some troubles placing waypoints in the VTB, so I really hope we're talking about the same thing.

Uhm... sorry, just to understand: are we talking about the PREP+NN+VAL to mark waypoints in the VTB? If so, why you also report it for waypoint 00? It's never shown in the VTB, am I right?

Anyway, I can confirm that since the previous updates (57949) I had some troubles placing waypoints in the VTB, so I really hope we're talking about the same thing.

Seems he is talking about the TDC cursor position that is displayed on the bottom left corner of the VTB. It shows relative position of the cursor from selected waypoint on VTB (selected via N switch of the VTB). You usually select the waypoint set for bullseye in order to have your TDC cursor position from Bullseye shown on VTB which helps for Air Interception communication with AWACS and other flights/package.

You can also select Waypoint 00 to have TDC cursor position from you, which helps with BRAA calls.

So basically, that's a main tool for Air interceptors like the Mirage.

I looked into the problem and comparing Sedenion's file to the default files I found where it is coming from :

q4z93pk.thumb.png.90b15d84cba2ac24460a99bc65cd254e.png

Those tow dashes are the source of the problem.

So I made a JSGME fix for this with only the two dashes removed, using Sedenion's mod fixes it too :

M-2000C Bullseye fix.rar

Just put the "M-2000C Bullseye fix" folder in your JSGME folder, activated it and VOILA !

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• 2 months later...
  • RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [REPORTED] VTB cusror bullseye bug
  • 1 month later...
On 11/19/2020 at 7:30 AM, Steph21 said:

Seems he is talking about the TDC cursor position that is displayed on the bottom left corner of the VTB. It shows relative position of the cursor from selected waypoint on VTB (selected via N switch of the VTB). You usually select the waypoint set for bullseye in order to have your TDC cursor position from Bullseye shown on VTB which helps for Air Interception communication with AWACS and other flights/package.

You can also select Waypoint 00 to have TDC cursor position from you, which helps with BRAA calls.

So basically, that's a main tool for Air interceptors like the Mirage.

It seems that I can only select bullseye via N, 00 WP or the last WP (by mission editor or user, I think). I can't select any in between. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by 373vFS_Mav

Feel the need, the need for speed forum.jpg

I feel the need...the need for speed. Highway...to the danger zone. Gonna take you right into the danger zone.

MB ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer, CPU i5 4690, GPU MSI GTX 970 4GB, RAM Corsair Vengeance blue 24GB, SSD Samsung EVO 860 500GB, T16000M FCS Hotas, PS3 cam with Opentrack.

7 hours ago, 373vFS_Mav said:

It seems that I can only select bullseye via N, 00 WP or the last WP (by mission editor or user, I think). I can't select any in between. Am I doing something wrong?

You're not, it's a bug. You can try the fix proposed above by the community 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steph21 said:

You're not, it's a bug. You can try the fix proposed above by the community 

Thanks. I 'll try the fix.

I feel the need...the need for speed. Highway...to the danger zone. Gonna take you right into the danger zone.

MB ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer, CPU i5 4690, GPU MSI GTX 970 4GB, RAM Corsair Vengeance blue 24GB, SSD Samsung EVO 860 500GB, T16000M FCS Hotas, PS3 cam with Opentrack.

2 hours ago, myHelljumper said:

The fixed is linked to a old bug that is fixed and won't fix the current problem.

Oh...! Thanks!

• myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED] VTB cusror bullseye bug