Elevator Limitations

[PTF]Ali

Whenever i pull my joystick stick on BF-109 in game, it never pulls stick fully backward. There is some kind of lag in elevation movement of stick in game which doesn't happen for joystick in real life. If it is matter of actual physics of plane then will you consider to give us special option to disable this feature cause out of character you can pull the stick in real life with your joystick but in character in game you are not pulling the stick which making it virtual and artificial. Do you think there must be option on controls like stick limitation override in su27 and mig29, It will add more user experiences like takeoff assistance which is already there in special option etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Mig-29 and su-27 has artificial stick limitations, to prevent damaging airframe, from pulling too much G, negative and positive included.

Bf-109 has no a such thing, it is simple matter of pilot ability to pull stick back. Stick forces in Bf-109 are high compare even to Fw-190. And you cant turn it off 😛 

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Then you don't understand what push-pull rods and cable-pulley systems work. The fact that, in DCS, the stick forces on the K-4 are so high at low speeds contradicts the physics itself. In DCS you have to use a LOT of elevator trimming in order to be able to have any elevator authority even at speeds as low as 350km/h IAS. In all the literature that refers to the 109's 'high stick forces', the pilots that flew it in real life, they all say that those forces become an issue after 700 km/h IAS. And there's a good reason for that.. at those Mach numbers, the air becomes a wall, for all aircrafts, not only for the 109.

Edited by amazingme
  • Like 1

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

ED took data from G-2 tests, so for some 109s models stick forces were just like in K-4 right now.

In P-51 i do pulls up to 10G more often i loose wing then black out.

I think ED should consider implementing some kind of more realistic, pilot G resistance / exhaustion simulation especially for WW2 pilots, for now i have feeling that WW2 pilots has modern G suits put on them. Which would punish players who uses ridiculous rapid high G applies negative and positive to avoid other planes, i haven't seen anything like this on a single gun cams available on YT.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

The rods and pulleys were very much improved form G to K models. The problem is with the extrapolations used by ED, which do introduce errors in calculation, statistically speaking, and also not taking into consideration these improvements. These stick forces @ low speeds are quite exaggerated.

Pilot stamina should or must be introduced, especially for WWII drivers, definitely.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

1 hour ago, grafspee said:

I think ED should consider implementing some kind of more realistic, pilot G resistance / exhaustion simulation especially for WW2 pilots, for now i have feeling that WW2 pilots has modern G suits put on them. Which would punish players who uses ridiculous rapid high G applies negative and positive to avoid other planes, i haven't seen anything like this on a single gun cams available on YT.

IMHO the ED has some problems with the input systems reaction speeds and forces across all modules. It is even more so for the WW2 where even slight movement (with 40 cm extension) can result fast responses. Never flown a WW2 era fighter but it just feels odd that these would be so sensitive that you just move stick around the tenth of the full stick movement range and be able perform crazy moves. And then there is always these pilot G effect problem that allows players to do these crazy negative G moves and high G pulls and just maintain excellent vision and look around capabilities. 

It is like questioning that why in the historic videos the pilots are flying so steady and "predictable" manner when in DCS you can just yank your aircraft around and pull crazy amount to avoid being shot. It is the constant feeling how everything is so "digital" and has such reaction as well. 

The G forces effect needs to be redone so that we can get the proper forces for pilot to be the consideration how to fly. 

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• ED Team
7 hours ago, grafspee said:

ED took data from G-2 tests, so for some 109s models stick forces were just like in K-4 right now.

The point is that pilot G-effects have about 1 s of zero effect that corresponds real things - you always have O2 stores either in eyes or in brain. Pulling gently you will get the feedback, but if you perform very rapidly you really can say good by to your wings before you have any clues of g. I really wonder, why folks never watch the angular velocity due to pulling - it works.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
7 hours ago, grafspee said:

If you ever have one, can you send me a track of these moves people are using?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png