Ottoman Courier: Prologue campaign now out!

OK, one last question. I played this mission no three times (its pure fun) and was not able to hit the target.

Whats the problem? I mean...im straight on, "aim" on top a little bit forward and the bombs go long. In the recorded mission it was better cause i pinted in fron of the target, but the 2 runs before it was just...wow...cross on the target, bombs maybe 50 feet behind it.

Flying such missions on try and error is kinda frustrating with flight times from 30+ mins until the bombrun 😀

bomb run at 35:00

Edited by Eisprinzessin

the next mission is with laser guided bombs. (and to make it extra hard to miss your target your dropping on buildings 😂)

but yes, with unguided bombs ccrp you are very unlikely to hit from higher than 10 k feet. but its not about hitting a training target in a training mission, its about learning the procedure (radio, comms, final heading)

from your height there is stuff the plane cant calculate for you. like wind that is going to push the bomb off target.

(also if you needed to score a hit you would ripple off 4 bombs and not one 😅)

i would totally score this a hit if its inside the training grounds.

Edited by Wisky

OK now i see....was not so bad my bomb run. Next mission is nice, too. I like all the immersion with the radio comms and so on. as i am not a "rakuzard" (dont get me wrong, i like his clips but he is on the perfect side, whilest im still a gamer 😉 ) i like kinda "lightweight" campaigns an mission which give you a bit of education character.

Mission 3 i played 3 times as well. The debriefing was kinda weird. is it broken?

I defenetly hit both houses (i hope this where the right ones :-)). Once i got 1 hit on target, and on the othe both runs i got no hits (with defenetly the same hits).

But cant wait for the "real" Ottoman campaign.

Edited by Eisprinzessin
On 2/16/2021 at 12:32 AM, baltic_dragon said:

@MudzNZ and everyone else having trouble with M05, please replace the attached file in your campaign folder. This one should work OK & sorry for trouble. 

OC_M05_FINAL.miz 30 MB · 75 downloads

File saved my day. All 4 Harries launch now.

I think i missed something in the Radio later on, cause all at the sudden there was a message about Choppers comin in, and later i was shut down by SAMS. So necessary to investigate again 🙂

Thanks for your great work.

Hey, trying this in 2.7 and am not hearing the wingman comms when prompted to press space bar, Probably wrong frequency but i cannot find the correct freq. and ahve not been prompted to tune to a particular one.