TAS speeds (horizontal flight) for all DCS WWII fighters at three levels

tapi

It is not about math, it is about values which were taken for calculations, if those numbers are wrong, calculations will be wrong as well.

There is nothing better then live speed tests.

Calculations often may miss some variables which impact real plane top speed.

I agree with you, but some variables can be missed and affect the TAS (conversion between IAS and TAS)

You can use what you want. But I prefer real testflights as they show the real aircraft and not a calculated one. A single report contains several flights by several pilots. That's how its is still done today.

Calculations are a good "estimate" what to expect from the projected aircraft. The errors can go in both directions. Flight tests remain the real thing, for several reasons: Engines perhaps don't deliver the promised power, airframes create more drag than thought due to big tolerances during the building process etc..

I totaly agree with that, so why ED don't use all the data we have and not 1 or 2 ?

Do you know what data ED used? I have no idea.

Me too, but I have the feel that they didnt searched too much, the Anton seems to be forget.

There are some thread about speed and the engine but no news about that and as a customer I'm a bit disappointed, that's why I looked a lot for the 190 family and obviously there isn't much data exepting from aircraftperformance

Me too, but I have the feel that they didn't searched too much, the Anton seems to be forget.

There are some thread about speed and the engine but no news about that and as a customer I'm a bit disappointed, that's why I looked a lot for the 190 family and obviously there isn't much data exepting from aircraftperformance

I don't think that ED forget Anton, i think this is due their development schedule.

Also i think that ED searched a lot about Anton. Most likely they used data from Russian test flights.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I don't think that ED forget Anton, i think this is due their development schedule.

Also i think that ED searched a lot about Anton. Most likely they used data from Russian test flights.

So captured aircraft... I'm not very confident with those aircraft test because of the wear.

And for the "forget", there is a bug since march for the BR21