[AS INTENDED] EHSD DESG shouldn't be prerequisite for all AUTO deliveries

ChickenSim

On 11/19/2020 at 5:43 AM, Zeus67 said:

I discussed this at large with him. And he confirmed, no DESG, no AUTO.

That should only be when the pilot unboxes the DESG after designation exist, and then the target is unesignated (same as pressing NWS) and AUTO etc becomes invalid options.

On 11/19/2020 at 5:43 AM, Zeus67 said:

CCIP to AUTO conversion indeed does not require DESG but that is because in this case the target is the CCIP spot on the ground.

I can't explain why it should be this way, but that is how our SME described how it works.

Every single designation steps procedure in the manual says that there is no such step as "Menu -> EHSD -> DESG". It doesn't exist. It is not requirement.

It is very specific there. It is as well written that when ever the TD is done with INS or DMT that DESG will be boxed automatically.

When the pilot wants to designate a waypoint, then pilot needs to select them with the Up/Down and only then press DESG to create in its position a Target Designation.

Selectin any other than T0 will as well designate them (23.9.9).

The manual is very specific about methods like how a pilot can in NAV mode designate a target for AUTO or CCIP delivery without MENU -> EHSD -> DESG and switch automatically to AG master mode, have previously selected weapon used with its proper mode (AUTO or CCIP) and all for that weapon and guidance to created TD. 

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

From the NFM:

“Since designations are always stored in targetpoint zero, steering and range to the system designation can be obtained by selecting targetpoint zero.”

"If something other than the steer to point is designated (e.g HUD or radar designation), TGT is displayed next to the DESG legend.”

And from the point blank patch notes:

Press the pickle.
The spot under the VVM will be designated and the AUTO ASL and release cue will appear.
The designated target will be saved as T0 and the EHSD will navigate towards it.
 Keep the pickle pressed until bomb is released.

All designations are stored into T0 when created. If AUTO mode is working for point blank (without entering "designation mode") because T0 has been created, then AUTO mode should work FOR EVERY OTHER DESIGNATION. The manual also states that DESG becomes boxed as TGT if anything other than the steerpoint is designated.

The manual says that as every designation becomes TO by default, you have AUTO and guidance on it.

Selecting any other target or mark point than TO, will automatically designate them to system.

Only two ways to undesignated target exist.

Press NWS button to undesignate.

Or unbox the DESG in EHSD.

Pressing release button = designate.

Pressing trigger = designate.

Selecting Markpoint or Target Point = designate.

Use DMT or INS = designate.

Select "Use" in CAS page = designate.

No where needs pilot to first go to tick DESG to get designation, than when wanted to designate a waypoint....

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@Flagrum someone in another discord sent me this screenshot of the upcoming changes for the next release, so I suspect they now understand at least some of the issues presented in this thread. 

image.png

I'm excited to see how this change cascades into some of the other interactions, after spending so much time [AS INTENDED] and being assured with absolute certainty there were no misunderstandings regarding the system's operation.

It's possible they ran into the correct answer investigating other issues and just haven't circled back yet.

• Like 5

On 6/15/2021 at 10:00 PM, ChickenSim said:

I'm excited to see how this change cascades into some of the other interactions, after spending so much time [AS INTENDED] and being assured with absolute certainty there were no misunderstandings regarding the system's operation.

It's possible they ran into the correct answer investigating other issues and just haven't circled back yet.

At least it is no working as one would expect, that designating works without going first to EHSD.

It was refreshing actually to get streamlined the attack behavior now as documented.

Now they need to tackle many other incorrect behaviors too.

Need to take some time later on to check this patch log. 

Edit: Forgot still the 23.9.9 error existingselecting targetpoint from the EHSD doesn't designate them automatically as manual states. Now you still need to box designation in EHSD to make it designated. So T0 is always the designation via DMT, LST, TPOD etc. And when saving targetpoints it stores them other than T0.  

Edited by Fri13

On 6/19/2021 at 11:56 PM, lukeXIII said:

Pretty much working correctly now. Only thing left I've seen is that NWS/Undesignate isn't unboxing DESG.

So at least two incorrect things happening.

1) Selecting any other than T0 (Target Point 0) should automatically designate it, by boxing the DESG automatically.

2) Undesignating using NWS should unbox DESG.