HSI Stuck on Waypoint Designate

equinox137

I just flew a custom mission where I bombed targets using laser mavs and the FLIR. After firing off the second laser mav, the HSI got stuck on waypoint designate and I nothing I did would take it off.

I also had an issue with the carrier (non-Supercarrier Stennis) ATC talking to me like a regular airfield. What's up with that?

I have a track, but it's 1MB too big to upload. Any ideas?

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me the other day. Not sure why.

• Tried removing the box on the HSI from TGT
  • Tried undesignate - HSI, TGP, HUD, RDR all as SOI
  • Tried changing waypoint (SA page, HSI page, HSI data page)
  • Tried turning off TGP
  • Tried entering new coordinates in the HSI data page
  • Tried re-designate

Nothing worked, it was stuck on target designate and would not switch waypoints. It was very odd because this had never happened before. I must add that the waypoint was added manually using grid coordinates, not sure if that has something to do with it.

Anyways, you are not alone.

Same thing happened to me the other day. Not sure why.

• Tried removing the box on the HSI from TGT
  • Tried undesignate - HSI, TGP, HUD, RDR all as SOI
  • Tried changing waypoint (SA page, HSI page, HSI data page)
  • Tried turning off TGP
  • Tried entering new coordinates in the HSI data page
  • Tried re-designate

Nothing worked, it was stuck on target designate and would not switch waypoints. It was very odd because this had never happened before. I must add that the waypoint was added manually using grid coordinates, not sure if that has something to do with it.

Anyways, you are not alone.

Referencing the bold above, does this mean you depressed NWS/undesignate? Sorry, just a bit confused by the following HSI/TGP, etc.

I just used WYPTDSG multiple times today, along with TDC depress designation via HUD/TGP/AG RDR/RDR ATTK - and was able to successfully undesignate via NWS/undesignate without any issues like you or the OP are describing.

Would be great to get this sorted for you and the OP, as it seems to be an isolated issue, and a frustrating one for the both of you at that..

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Referencing the bold above, does this mean you depressed NWS/undesignate? Sorry, just a bit confused by the following HSI/TGP, etc.

Hi Ziptie, yep pressed it with SOI on TGP then HSI then HUD etc.... In addition to that, we were two people in the same mission and did the exact same steps to create the waypoint and designate, but this only happened on my end. Only difference I can see is that I was the one to communicate with the JTAC and this happened after that. I don't know if it is related, but I have not had time to test it further yet.

Hi Ziptie, yep pressed it with SOI on TGP then HSI then HUD etc.... In addition to that, we were two people in the same mission and did the exact same steps to create the waypoint and designate, but this only happened on my end. Only difference I can see is that I was the one to communicate with the JTAC and this happened after that. I don't know if it is related, but I have not had time to test it further yet.

Odd indeed. I tested today (with update released today, 11/18/2020) - and was able to successfully undesignate with no issues. Hope it is sorted for you as well.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

ive been seeing something similar as well. its not new at all.

sometimes when i designate a waypoint, then designate with tgp, then press undesignate - the system all acts as if nothing is designated but hsi still shows designation. second press of undesignate fixes this. it seems to be harmless and only a graphical issue with hsi.

however ive never seen it being completely stuck and ignoring the further presses of undesignate button as other posters say. might be another bug, might be related, i cant tell.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580