Missing 5NM range setting for Radar

Snappy

According to the current updated manual, the radar training mission explanations and even mentioned in the campaign again, the smallest selectable radar range is 5NM.

However that can't be accessed as of now, the lowest selectable range is 10NM.

Is this a bug in the radar simulation of the Mirage or an error in the manual and training missions ?

I don't have a real M2000 aircraft manual, so I can't check it against that.

Kind regards,

Snappy

According to the current updated manual, the radar training mission explanations and even mentioned in the campaign again, the smallest selectable radar range is 5NM.

However that can't be accessed as of now, the lowest selectable range is 10NM.

Is this a bug in the radar simulation of the Mirage or an error in the manual and training missions ?

I don't have a real M2000 aircraft manual, so I can't check it against that.

Kind regards,

Snappy

You can have 5nm moving the TDC in the bottom edge of the VTB. Same for the high edge, you can reach 320nm

No, sorry thats not true. You can access the higher ranges (160&320NM) via the TDC slewing, yes, but nothing lower than 10NM even if you slew to the bottom edge of the VTB screen at the 10NM setting.

Also the 5NM is referred to as a selectable range via the radar range selector switch in the manual. Quote from the latest manual:

"17. RADAR RANGE SWITCH. Used to cycle through preset ranges displayed on your VTB. Available options are: 5, 10, 20, 40 and 80 miles)."

So what is wrong? The manual&radar training mission explanation or the module at present state?

Kind regards,

Snappy

• Like 1