Invisible FARP radio bugs

ataribaby

Invisible FARP is great addition but radio protocol is completely broken. Instead of Eastern type of callsign (Otkrytka...) it shows as "Ship" and Radio Takeoff and Landing comms flow is broken even more than regular FARP.

All other ground services like rearm, refuel works fine.

• 2 months later...

I can confirm this.

Invisible FARP is really great! Why did you wait so long to do this?

But ATC is not working. I use a Commando unit with no result. My FARP is not shown in the radio menu.

If just change the invisble FARP with the conventional ugly FARP the radio is showing up my FARP Name  and i can talk to the command unit.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Me again.

i ran a few tests.

Set a blue heli on a blue invisible farp with a blue command unit. / And the same config in red as a counterpart.

On Caucasus map the inisible farp shown as "..." and you can communicate.

On Nevada and Syria the invisible farps are not shown up in the radio menue. BUT if you take the nearest airfield with the FARP frequency...they will answer. Maybe there is something wrong.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

No issue for me with Nevada and Syria maps.
Remember, you need to:

• set a frequency to your invisile FARP (default is null, unlike visible FARP default which is 127.5)
  • set a callsign for your invisible FARP
  • place a simple Humvee very close to the FARP (in a 100m radius)
  • set your radio to the FARP frequency
  • select the right radio

Interestingly enough, FARP "Dallas" as set in the mission editor becomes "Dreamland" in Nevada, and "Adana" in Syria.

Invisible_FARP_comms_NTTR.trk Invisible_FARP_comms_Syria.trk

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Flappie:

Remember, you need to:

• set a frequency to your invisile FARP (default is null, unlike visible FARP default which is 127.5)
  • set a callsign for your invisible FARP
  • place a simple Humvee very close to the FARP (in a 100m radius)
  • set your radio to the FARP frequency
  • Select the right radio

I did everything you mentioned. But no success. 😔

The FARP names should get some finetuning.

I watched your tracks. The ATC is believing the are on a ship.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Flappie:

Then you probably have a mod interfering.

No Mod installed. Repair done.

Maybe you missunderstood me. II do not want to complain. I just want to report that the name of the invisible farp does not appear in the radio menu, but another name.

Actually, I was trying to help you with this issue of yours:

22 hours ago, Crash * said:

But ATC is not working. I use a Commando unit with no result. My FARP is not shown in the radio menu.

If just change the invisble FARP with the conventional ugly FARP the radio is showing up my FARP Name  and i can talk to the command unit.

Is it OK, now?

vor 45 Minuten schrieb Flappie:

Is it OK, now?

I am fine.

Thank you for your help.

ATC is still thinking it is a ship and the FARP Names don´t match the one i have choosen in ME.

• 5 months later...
On 1/17/2021 at 9:38 PM, Crash * said:

I am fine.

Thank you for your help.

ATC is still thinking it is a ship and the FARP Names don´t match the one i have choosen in ME.

I confirm that radio ATC for invisible farp isn't working, the name of the farp doesn't appear.

If i replace invisible farp with the Classic farp, the name appear in the list and i can communicate with ATC.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

34 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Please attach a mission showing the issue.

Please find my mission attached, thanks.syria_test_Mi-24P Farp.miz

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

23 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thank you but I cannot open the mission because it requires the Frenchpack mod and I don't want to install it. 😕

Ok thanks, I am currently on vacation, as soon as I can I will join the mission without the Frenchpack mod

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 9:27 PM, Flappie said:

Thank you but I cannot open the mission because it requires the Frenchpack mod and I don't want to install it. 😕

hello, please find the mission without Frenchpack mod.

syria_test_Mi-24P Farp without frenchpack.miz

• Thanks 1

Thanks. So, we agree on the issue: the ATC does work but its name is wrong. It does so with both invisible FARP and single helipad units.

I'll test this with every single map ,then will report this issue.

It's great, thank you so much 👍

Edited by clanitho

• 3 weeks later...

@Flappie the bug is resolved, ATC is working with invisible farp, thanks 👍