Radar Lock BVR issue?

30mikemike

Hi guys. When encountering 4 enemy aircraft flying towards me i can see them on radar but it won't let me lock them up using TMS up. I then had a 1v1 with a mate in his Hornet and i could lock him up no problem? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

Yeah it was a really poor post to be fair mate, my bad...

On further investigation yes, it seems I was trying to lock up the data link targets. Although all I could see on the radar was exactly that, 4x red datalink targets but no lockable targets...odd.

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

- Small targets, like MiG-21s, are harder to detect because of their size. You might have been too far away to pick them up.

- Ground clutter can further inhibit your ability to detect targets in a look-down situation.

- The aircraft might have been outside (above or below) your FCR scan volume.

I'm probably forgetting something, but I'm still working on my first coffee today.