Installation on the sofa in my living room

At_Viper

I've set DCS in a computer dedicated to games in living room so i can use my home cinéma with my 65'' TV screen in 4K (when 3080 graphic card will be available),

My reflexion is about setting my Hotas on my sofa.

Spécification:

It's imperative to be able to install and uninstall the assembly quickly, for obvious reasons of peace at home.

It have to be lightweight, rigid and easy to move for storage.

So yesterday i headed to my workshop to prototype to valid the ergonomics and the design.

After have drawn a bit I sheared and bent a piece of 3mm aluminum sheet. And drill some holes to fix the hotas commands on it.

In order to loose weight i've removed all the painted steel base.

eGaQT8.jpg

BeTzCV.jpg

jMJA5h.jpg

Points need to be improved :

> heigth must be ajustable

> Thikness need to be pass to 5 mm thickness to be more rigid.

Next one will be laser cut , with some holes to win some weight.

Some more idea ?

• Like 1

Sell the pedals and get a better ergonomic thing

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Seems like a clever and fairly inexpensive solution to having your Hotas be easily removeable. I would suggest hiding a small USB hub behind the vertical piece, so that you may connect the Hotas to that HUB and from there a single USB cable towards the Notebook under the metal "floor". This would elliminate all those USB cables that get on the way.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Not sure if it would be enough, but I wonder if you'd get away with just doing double thickness under the stick and throttle and down the front a bit (I'm assuming it's probably the 90 degree angle part primarily that's flexing?). Might help you stiffen without adding more weight than necessary. Depending how precisely/quickly adjustable you'd like it, you could do a double layer for the throttle/stick that would bolt to the main lower section with various holes to adjust up or down. I guess you could actually just go with slots in the vertical base and that would let you slide it up and down precisely/quickly. Only watchout might be covering the nuts on the backside so as not to mess with the couch.

VR? No need to be in the lounge then.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.