Carrier request: Saved landing assessment and trap sheet

ollk22

It would be fantastic if we could have a sort of trap sheet and a complete breakdown of our landing attempts (hook or not) on the supercarrier. I don't have the Tomcat but the trap sheet looks like a great addition and will make the whole game more immersive. Perhaps even to the point where our scores are kept so we can see improvements and get an idea of where we need to improve?

Surely it can't be that hard to impliment!?

Thanks.

• Like 3

I actually was under the impression the SC would come with a virtual trapsheet, oh boy was i wrong.. Having such sheet would be beneficial in so many areas, from squadwork to improving oneself in very specific areas of the approach.. +1 must have, really.

+1 from me too. That F14 trapsheet is a thing of beauty (so I've seen, don't have it myself).

+1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the Tomcat one is nice but incomplete and not talking to the Supercarrier on the final grade.  Keeping a record of landings on the board is hopefully on the list for the squadron ready room TBD.

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

21 hours ago, EightyEightMike Mongo said:

+1 There are scripts out there for greenie boards but it would be nice to just have it as a feature for the SC. Allegedly we're getting ready rooms and whatnot so it only makes sense for there to be a greenie board too.

Hi,

could you enlight me which (or where can i get them) scripts i can use for greenie boards please?

Thank you.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I'm working on one, it'll be part of a single-player F/A-18 campaign - which might get an F-14 version later on if there's demand for it.

The module records the landing attempts, calculates boarding rate, interval time and gives a debrief on the mistakes at the moment for a single squadron. I plan to extend it to look for tendencies, more common mistakes, we'll see where it goes...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 4:06 PM, Jagohu said:

I'm working on one, it'll be part of a single-player F/A-18 campaign - which might get an F-14 version later on if there's demand for it.

The module records the landing attempts, calculates boarding rate, interval time and gives a debrief on the mistakes at the moment for a single squadron. I plan to extend it to look for tendencies, more common mistakes, we'll see where it goes...

Looks promising! eager to try it. Keep up, and thank you.

F.

• 1 month later...

+1 should be an included feature not one requiring a script or workaround....some of us aren’t that tech savvy. 

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

• 2 weeks later...

image.png 

DCS generated personal trap log example (with some treacherous entries) based on NATOPS. System time is the same because it's generated with a test suite, it should normally reflect the actual system time.

It's in Excel CSV, easy to open and manage.

Any feedback is welcome: like it, don't like it, anything missing...

50 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I like it! Reminds me of the airboss trap log, but cleaner. 

Will this only be part of your campaign, or could it be extended to work with any DCS mission?

Thanks! 

Thanks for the feedback! It'll be the part of the campaign initially, the rest we'll see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1