[Wishlist] Experimental loadouts, triple MER

twistking

Would be nice to have a checkbox in the ME to allow unconventional or experimental loadouts.

I'm more interested in experiencing the handling charcateristics of such a setup than i'm in improving the lethality of the aircraft.

It should probably be quite easy to implement from a programming perspective, as there was even a script mod that archieved this.

Thanks!

646cd55b4b4fd85248df9023b3fa2d26.thumb.jpg.c46e3a31802c92782db719d2491aa74a.jpg

well, i think fantasy loadout are interesting, especially those that spell epic failure. i enjoy pushing the flight model to the limits this way...

modifying luas does not play nice with MP though and while i'm not interested in competitie MP (i don't think that loadout would be competitive anyway) i tend to do most my flying in private mp/coop, where it would simply be nice to have the possibility.

Why not just then make it a mod that all your coop players should install? Or have the admin turn off the IC so you can run modded?

Bc that requires extra work that many players don't want to do. Disabling IC on a public server brings other problems too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 9:57 PM, randomTOTEN said:

you can just modify the .lua files to make this happen... I don't understand why every fantasy loadout needs to be supported nowdays

How can it be a fantasy, when it really has happened?

If there is no evidence whatsoever for technicality, then it is unrealistic and can be fantasy.

But if there is evidence, then it is not fantasy, and one needs other evidence to counter the evidence supporting the idea in first place.

Such evidence is example that one can present a technical digrams about the provided evidence that it is impossible without special hardware modifications to the airframe, pylons or something that specifically can show that evidence supporting the new loadout is just not technically possible without unacceptable modifications.

A lack of wind tunnel data etc is just limitation of time, and simulator capabilities. As that is one point of the simulator complex real-time flight dynamics that it could perform such drag, lift, cog, etc changes acceptable manner.

It doesn't need to be long to official and historical in-service weapon loadouts, but it would belong to official historical experimental loadouts. Nothing about fantasy.

So it would be up to mission designer to allow experimental loadouts in missions, by default being disallowed.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.