Keybinding for Autopilot engage switch?

Topgun505

I've been mapping out my HOTAS for the 14 and I can engage the autopilot just fine from within the cockpit. The heading switch and altitude switch and nosewheel button all map fine. But NOTHING seems to work for the actual Autopilot Engage/Off switch. I see several different controls in the controls listing that could refer to that switch but I have tried them all and none of them activate that switch. What keybinding is that control??

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

YB1JluV.png
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Tried that one. Didn't work. Will that not map to a button and has to be a switch perhaps?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

When I was trying to map it I would watch the switch while pressing the button, it doesn't move at all. I would expect if you were correct that it would switch on while the button was pressed and then would switch itself back up when the button was let go. I'll try a switch instead tonight and see if I have better luck with it.

Topgun505

Tried that one. Didn't work. Will that not map to a button and has to be a switch perhaps?

A switch yes. For a button you'll want to use the Autopilot Toggle bind. I tried both and they work perfectly fine on a Warthog throttle.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

You can also use "Autopilot On" and "Autopilot Off" discrete commands. They're right next to the entry in the second post's screenshot, but without the "else" commands. Use the ones without "else" commands unless you're using a switch on your Thrustmaster throttle base.

I use the Autopilot On with my X56 throttle on the row of no-off-on toggles. Works pretty well. The On else Off would have to be used with either a static switch or like the real ones that were magnetic or had solenoids or whatever that held them in position.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Yup ... the commands in question did not like being mapped to a button. If I mapped it in the Adjust Controls section it would recognize the button press for the function but when I hopped in the aircraft the control wouldn't budge. The moment I set it to a switch instead it was fine.

Topgun505

There was a bug reported some time ago that when you fiddle with SAS and then try to engage/disengage by a button it won't work - clicking was the only option. I don't know if it's been fixed since.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria