A 10c II price

kurtz667

Hi, i thought the price was gonna be 10 usd, for users that owned the A-10c module already. But for me its listed a 20 usd. Was there a timelimit of some sorts? And wil it be back on 10 usd on X-mass sale?

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

Hi, i thought the price was gonna be 10 usd, for users that owned the A-10c module already. But for me its listed a 20 usd. Was there a timelimit of some sorts? And wil it be back on 10 usd on X-mass sale?

Yes, there was a timeline for the $9.99 USD initial offering (I believe it was the first month). Then the price changed to $19.99 USD for owners of the original A10C. As for whether or not it will be in any seasonal sale this year, I do not know that information - but I doubt it will be. Even at $19.99, it's 100% worth it. I would have paid $39.99 for it, even with owning the original A10C already. To be fair, I would have paid $39.99 just to get the HMCS - not to mention the new weapons, incoming system additions, and the recently updated sounds/visuals.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Ah fair enough, i didn't realize there was a timelimit and didn't had the time to check it out. I guess i should have bought it. Normally it just pre order and then full price. I guess i'll wait and see since i'm not in hurry, still have a lot of updated modules to check out. Thanks!

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

Frustrating that it didn't state that there was a time limit on the website:(. I held off as i was confused about the upgrade & initially had original on steam & wasn't sure it would work.

• Like 1

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//

Frustrating that it didn't state that there was a time limit on the website:(. I held off as i was confused about the upgrade & initially had original on steam & wasn't sure it would work.

I believe it did state that while in the one month time period. Of course, now it's changed. It's also in Wags video and was in the weekend news. Plus, it was talked about on this forum.

• Like 3

Buzz

I have to agree with the others above, in regards to the time frame that was clarified for the discounts and the numerous places the different price levels were outlined in. Bummer, but in my opinion it’s still very much worth paying $19.99 USD for the upgrade - hope you pull the trigger.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I believe it did state that while in the one month time period. Of course, now it's changed. It's also in Wags video and was in the weekend news. Plus, it was talked about on this forum.

I don't think it was stated on their website, like i would have expected they always did with the pre-orders or sales (with the scratched out price)

Spoiler

On the main website there's news on the right side which highlights the timescale of the price of the upgrade.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2020-10-02/

Hardware - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i9 11900kf stock, DeepCool LE520 water cooled, Gigabyte Z590 Gaming X, 64gb DDR4 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3070 TI 8gb, 480gb SSD & 500gb M.2 SSD for DCS World, HP Reverb G1 VR headset, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, throttle & TFRP Pedals.

Modules - A10C II, AH64D, BS3, C101, F5E, F15E, F16C, F/A18C, L-39, M2000C, MI24P, P47D, Supercarrier

Maps - Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Sinai, The Channel

I don't think it was stated on their website, like i would have expected they always did with the pre-orders or sales (with the scratched out price)

I think it was and had you looked you would have seen it. Otherwise, you wouldn't have waited to buy it. Plus, as stated it was in other places. How did you miss all of them?

I don't deal with Steam, so I don't know what they said.

btw..It was never offered in pre-order.

Buzz

I think it was and had you looked you would have seen it. Otherwise, you wouldn't have waited to buy it. Plus, as stated it was in other places. How did you miss all of them?

I don't deal with Steam, so I don't know what they said.

btw..It was never offered in pre-order.

Yea tbh i hadn't checked the news or wags video or the forum. But i do remember checking the shop A 10c module and i'm pretty sure it wasn't stated there. If they had i would have bought. No biggie, just saying. I still might pick it up but imo 20 usd is a bit steep for a hmcs and a couple of new weapons upgrade.. Hell all i need is the gun and a rack of cbu-97's anyways. :)

Spoiler

I still might pick it up but imo 20 usd is a bit steep for a hmcs and a couple of new weapons upgrade..

I've said it before, every dollar below 40 was a surprise to me. At 10 bucks, it was a steal, at 20 it's still a bargain.

And I stand by this assessment now that I've flown it more than ever. ;)

One other aspect to take into account: we've seen ongoing work not just for this new module, but also for the old A-10C, and I think some changes might have even made it to the Flaming Cliffs A-10A.

Sure, one might argue the old module should be upgraded free of charge as most of these are bugfixes. Which it is.

Then again, the A-10C is almost 10 years old, and seeing it supported so intensely was a very positive surprise to me, and I assume the income from the new module helped, and does help, to support the A-10C.

Either way, the HMCS alone would have been worth the upgrade price. New cockpit, new weapons, updated flight model, more accurate HOTAS assignments, sound upgrades, more flares, and on top of that many ancient bugs finally fixed - IMO 20 bucks is a really, really good price for the upgrade.

• Like 2

I've said it before, every dollar below 40 was a surprise to me. At 10 bucks, it was a steal, at 20 it's still a bargain.

And I stand by this assessment now that I've flown it more than ever. ;)

One other aspect to take into account: we've seen ongoing work not just for this new module, but also for the old A-10C, and I think some changes might have even made it to the Flaming Cliffs A-10A.

Sure, one might argue the old module should be upgraded free of charge as most of these are bugfixes. Which it is.

Then again, the A-10C is almost 10 years old, and seeing it supported so intensely was a very positive surprise to me, and I assume the income from the new module helped, and does help, to support the A-10C.

Either way, the HMCS alone would have been worth the upgrade price. New cockpit, new weapons, updated flight model, more accurate HOTAS assignments, sound upgrades, more flares, and on top of that many ancient bugs finally fixed - IMO 20 bucks is a really, really good price for the upgrade.

You convinced me :) the hmcs and laser mavs are really nice.

I'm curious though what ancient bugs are fixed now?

Spoiler

I'm curious though what ancient bugs are fixed now?

Here's a more or less random list of things I remember off the top of my head, or found in a quick search.

Fixed ancient bugs:

Transmitting SPI via SADL (not "SPI ON", but hooking the recipient in the TAD and then selecting "SEND 01-01") used to mess up the target elevation; I think it looked a lot like a feet to meter conversion gone wrong. This looks fixed now.

The factory-fresh cockpit introduced a few months ago had the internal lighting broken for a long time.

The pilot view-point in relation to the HUD, and consecutively the HUD readability, were apparently wrong forever. Some changes made it worse, but I think the latest update is okay (but even the worse patches never made it unplayable for me, so maybe others still have big issues now).

These are not strictly bugs, let's call them quality-of-life improvements:

The positions of many switches in the cold and dark cockpit were updated to reflect real world ops, where these would be preset by the crew chief prior to startup (fuel boost pumps, fuel display selector, generators, oxygen).

Master Caution sound removed; only during signal lights test will we now hear the landing gear horn.

Markings on engine monitoring instruments now more realistic.

ALT hold autopilot allows to change bank angle (and thus heading) without disengaging autopilot.

Left click/right click behavior now more consistent with other modules.

GAU-8 dispersion is now lower than before (impacts now grouped tighter).

Problems that are still present (I think; haven't tested all of these):

In flight, dead engines provide hydraulic power for their respective side, which they shouldn't.

The CDU divert/fieldinfo page shows the wrong frequency band for all airports.

In MP, position lights flash when they should be steady, or vice versa.

AI Hornets and Vipers show on TAD (and probably in HMCS), but human clients don't.

Left and right engine fuel flow override switches have almost no effect on max RPMs.

I think maybe the biggest aspect about the new A-10C II is that a lot of remarks from people with real life access now get acknowledged and implemented. For years these guys have been reporting bugs, problems, deviations, and it went unnoticed. Now there's a kind of dialog with the testers and forum mods where these things get tagged [REPORTED] and some of them are already implemented, like the ability to pull more Gs or the too high pylon drag that slowed us down too much (many people reported this as too little engine thrust, but apparently it was really a matter of drag rather than engine power).

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1

Ok that is pretty sick, didn't realize they fixed and improved all that. I didn't had alot of time for dcs stuff the last couple of months.

The drag issue had been reported a long time ago, so thats really nice.

I just flew for a couple of hours, man those laser guided rockets are insane! Definitely my new favorite weapon. :)

Also the gun sound seems to be improved as well.

Thanks for all the info, gonna enjoy this one!!

• Like 1
Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
Where do you go to purchase the reduced price upgrade. I have A10C 1 and this will be the first ime upgrading for me. The store always places it in the cart at 80 bucks?

Thanks

When you proceed to checkout, it should reduce the price, but doesn’t happen in the initial cart placement - or at least that is how it did work. If you still don’t see the price reduction before submitting a payment at the final step of checkout, I’d contact ED’s support team.

Cheers,

Ziptie