PTRK does not update target position

some1

If you designate a target with TPOD and slew the pod around in ground stabilised mode, then the target position and AUTO bombs guidance will follow the TPOD. All fine here.

But once you switch to PTRK, the target position stops updating and it remains in the place of original designation. You have to manually depress TDC to update target guidance, but it will become obsolete once the tracked object moves again.

movingTarget.trk

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Makes no sense. The system automatically updates target position with TPOD in ground stabilised mode, and suddenly stops doing that when you switch to PTRK, which by definition is used to track moving objects?

Yeah it also severely affects using Mavs against moving targets. Even if the missile manages to lock a target pointed by TPOD, it will break lock and slew back to old coordinates once the target moves. There's no hand-off like in F16.

• Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 1 month later...

The TPOD does not actually track the target on the ground (moving target, using point track) even though it appears to be tracking on a DDI.  

This obviously affects the ability of IR MAVS to lock on to a target, as an uncaged MAV moves to the point tracked location on the ground - which is several feet behind the actual moving target by the time it slews.

Track file was larger then 5 MB, so could not post; but should be easily replicable.  Have tried it multiple times with same result.  Lock up a moving target with the TPOD using point track.  The DDI FLIR page shows that it is locked on the target and tracking it.  Now fly your aircraft toward the target designator diamond is in the HUD or HMD.  The target diamond on the ground will be behind the target and not moving, fixed to a location on the ground where the point track was first designated.  Yet the FLIR DDI will indicate that the target is being tracked.    

Please address as a priority as this makes the TPOD all but useless to properly designate, track end employ guided weapons against a moving target.  I tried this with laser MAVS and GBU's as well, but since the TPOD isn't actually tracking the moving target, same result.  

Edited by TerminallyIrish

• BIGNEWY changed the title to HUD / TPOD not tracking moving target
  • ED Team

Hi

The Tpod seems to be working fine for us on moving targets, we will double check the HUD also.

Please when reporting an issue include a short track replay, it helps identify issues or procedure problems 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've saves several track, but all of them are over 5MB.  I can't get them any smaller to show the issue and under 5 MB.  

The TPOD itself (FLIR page on right DDI) appears to be  working fine.  TPOD stays locked on moving target and follows it.  However the "on the ground" target designator box IS NOT tracking the moving target and remains fixed on one place.  Highly annoying!

Is there an e-mail address I can send the track file to?

The only mods I have installed - aside from airframes purchased from ED - are SRS radio and TACVIEW.

Thanks!

• BIGNEWY changed the title to PTRK does not update target position
  • 1 month later...

If you use point track with the Litening TGP on a moving vehicle, the bomb fall line (auto mode, GBU-12) will not follow the moving vehicle.  If you press the designate button on the TGP as it is tracking the moving vehicle the bomb fall line position will update to the last place the TGP was looking at when you pressed designate.

Track, log, and mission included.  (If using mission select "F18 LGB").

TGP_Bomb_Fall_Line_Not_Updating_Point_Track.zip

• ED Team

This is fixed internally and will be in the next update. 

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2