Slow Sky color rendering / loading

razo+r

When the camera shifts from one end of the map (or a big distance in general) to the other side, the sky is reloading it's color really slowly. In this example, I switched my camera from Kutaisi to Anapa. The result:

https://imgur.com/nivSOYM

My settings:

slzAbKh.png

My system fits more or less the recommended specs for high settings

I'm using the latest Open Beta.

I've tried restarting the game and repairing, that didn't change anything. Removing all my mods didn't improve it either. Updating graphics driver didn't change anything either.

I think it has nothing to do with your settings, because I get the exact same behavior.

This is, by far, the least important thing I want ED to fix in DCS. Until the day military forces master the art of teleporting, of course.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
On 1/9/2021 at 9:00 PM, razo+r said:

It still happens in the latest version and should at least be recognised as a bug instead of being ignored.

I will take a look, but if you think something is being ignored please PM me, I have to look after the whole forum and sometimes we get very busy. Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I have reported to the team, personally I dont think this is a bug, I would expect a delay in render of the sky when switching to different locations on the map. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I have spoken with the team, this is working as intended, when switching between units over large areas with significant light changes there will be a slight delay in the render of the sky. 

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

a slight delay would indeed be expected, but it sometimes takes up to 20 seconds to properly load all shaders again.

Even small location changes have a visible shader re-loading...

I don't recall this behaviour on previous version...

Edited by razo+r