F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

1 hour ago, Thunder Chicken22 said:

Yeah I know, the Block 30/35 jets have the -77v1 upgrade.  I was wondering why bother relabeling it.  Does it show up in some description somewhere?

No, not that I know of.  I don't think there's any point to it at all.  It only caused issues.  In the encrypted version of the lua file they're using the APG-63.

I've added liveries for the now deactivated 7th FS from Holloman AFB.  That squadron operated F22's between 2008 and 2014.  Those aircraft were later reassigned to other squadrons.

I've also made some corrections to a few tails numbers that had the wrong year or the wrong squadron for that specific tail flash.

I've updated the very first post in this thread will all links and will maintain them from there going forward.  I've also removed all of the previous livery links from my drop box so use the ones on the first page.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry.  I have no idea how to help you with what you're showing me.  Did the base Raptor mod work at all?  Where did you install the base mod?  Did you get other mods to work?   You had reported the same problem with A29B mod.  Are you now having problems with just this mod?

No one else is having the issues that you seem to be having.

List out the steps of what you did.  I'm trying to help but I don't have much to go on.

Hace 3 horas, Nightstorm dijo:

Lo siento. No tengo idea de cómo ayudarte con lo que me estás mostrando. ¿Funcionó el mod Raptor base? ¿Dónde instalar el mod base? ¿Conseguiste que funcionaran otras modificaciones? Habías informado del mismo problema con el mod A29B. ¿Tienes problemas ahora solo con este mod?

Nadie más tiene los problemas que usted parece tener.

Enumere los pasos de lo que hizo. Estoy tratando de ayudar, pero no tengo mucho para continuar.

For your question about where did I install was in c user game saved like normal mod and like you said apparently  I'm the only one than I have that problem sorry for cause inconvenient I love that mod but if cant having then I give up.

Edited by sanc2775

If it helps, I got the same thing as you did, with the missing model of the F-22 in the armament preview window when I was doing AMRAAM testing. I had installed his version of the mod directly WITHOUT installing the original version first.  I deleted the mod out of my mod entirely, then did a fresh install of Grinnelli's mod first.  Then copied and pasted NS's files from his mod into the F-22A folder in my mods directory.  That works.  So I'd suggest deleting the F-22 folder entirely from the mods folder in your saved games dcs folder, then install a fresh copy of Grinnelli's mod.  Go into the game and ensure it's working correctly first.  Then go back and drop in NS's update to Grinnelli's mod.  Remember it goes: local disk (my case drive C:) => Users => Your Computer Name => Saved Games => DCSWorld (stable or open beta) => Mods => Aircraft.  Sorry if you have this down, just making sure it's clear where it goes as this is a common error when installing mods.  Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thunder Chicken22 said:

Si ayuda, obtuve lo mismo que tú, con el modelo faltante del F-22 en la ventana de vista previa de armamento cuando estaba haciendo las pruebas de AMRAAM. Había instalado su versión del mod directamente SIN instalar primero la versión original. Eliminé el mod de mi mod por completo, luego hice una nueva instalación del mod de Grinnelli primero. Luego copié y pegué los archivos de NS de su mod en la carpeta F-22A en mi directorio de mods. Eso funciona. Por lo tanto, sugiero eliminar la carpeta F-22 por completo de la carpeta de mods en la carpeta dcs de los juegos guardados, luego instalar una copia nueva del mod de Grinnelli. Primero ingresa al juego y asegúrate de que esté funcionando correctamente. Luego regrese y coloque la actualización de NS al mod de Grinnelli. Recuerde que dice: disco local (en mi caso, unidad C 🙂 => Usuarios => Nombre de su computadora => Juegos guardados => DCSWorld (beta estable o abierta) => Mods => Aeronave. Lo siento si tiene esto abajo, solo asegúrese de que esté claro a dónde va, ya que este es un error común al instalar mods. Espero que esto ayude. ¡Buena suerte!

Well I did exactly what you're telling me step by step-by-step I can't remember how many times I cleaned and begin from 0 and the issue continued to thank you for your 😔help.

20 minutes ago, sanc2775 said:

Well I did exactly what you're telling me step by step-by-step I can't remember how many times I cleaned and begin from 0 and the issue continued to thank you for your 😔help.

So with just the Grinnelli F22 mod installed and nothing else, it still doesn't show up in the loadout screen?

If that answer is no, then the only thing I can suggest is uninstall DCS and reinstall.

You DO have the F15C or Flaming Cliffs 3 don't you?  That's a requirement of the base F22 mod.  I don't know what would happen if you don't have one of them.

Some updates today;

Added AIM-9X2 Sidewinder as an interim between the 9X and 9X3.  Longer range than 9X but only about half of the 9X3.

Added AIM-120C-6 AMRAAM.  It has the base stats of the AIM-120C-5 (well at least as they were from 2.5.6) with an improved proximity fuse.  This is essentially was the -6 was.

Single Player version of course.

Both missiles can be also be carried on the external pylons via the External Weapons add on and by the F15C.

The UnitPayloads files for the F15C and F22A have been updated.  Missiles tested in STT, TWS and wingman approved.

The links on the first post point to the updated files.

Also a correction for the F22 Liveries set D in the description for Raptor 094.  That file is also updated.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nightstorm said:

Entonces, con solo el mod Grinnelli F22 instalado y nada más, ¿todavía no aparece en la pantalla de carga?

Si esa respuesta es no, lo único que puedo sugerir es desinstalar DCS y volver a instalarlo.

Tienes el F15C o Flaming Cliffs 3, ¿no? Ese es un requisito del mod base F22. No sé qué pasaría si no tienes uno de ellos.

Of course, I have flamming cliff if not how did I fly this mod before? I will show you which the normal one I already got it but when I overwrite your then disappear again, so I think something wrong, and I don't know what really happened.

Screen_210430_124931.png

40 minutes ago, sanc2775 said:

Of course, I have flamming cliff if not how did I fly this mod before? I will show you which the normal one I already got it but when I overwrite your then disappear again, so I think something wrong, and I don't know what really happened.

Screen_210430_124931.png

ok, just checking as I don't know what the problem is.  I'm not trying to be insulting.

Based on that screen shot the base mod is working.

I would assume then, that the multi-player version of my mod works but the single player does not?

The fact that it isn't displaying the model suggests it can't find the path.  That path is defined in the entry.lua file from the mod.  If the original files from the working mod were overwritten with the ones from my single player version it should work.

Try copying the original entry.lua file back and test.  The new missiles won't be there but at least maybe it'll point to what's causing the problem.

Also, check your log file for any errors related to the F-22A.lua.  I'm trying to help but I don't understand why it's not working for you.

11 minutes ago, Nightstorm said:

ok, solo comprobando ya que no sé cuál es el problema. No estoy tratando de insultar.

Según esa captura de pantalla, el mod básico está funcionando.

Entonces, supongo que la versión multijugador de mi mod funciona, pero la versión para un solo jugador no.

El hecho de que no muestre el modelo sugiere que no puede encontrar la ruta. Esa ruta está definida en el archivo entry.lua del mod. Si los archivos originales del mod de trabajo se sobrescribieron con los de mi versión para un solo jugador, debería funcionar.

Intente copiar el archivo entry.lua original y pruébelo. Los nuevos misiles no estarán allí, pero al menos tal vez apunten a lo que está causando el problema.

Además, verifique su archivo de registro para ver si hay errores relacionados con el F-22A.lua. Estoy tratando de ayudar, pero no entiendo por qué no funciona para usted.

Apparently it's working now perfectly once again thanks for your patience and answers all my questions about it in the future now I know what I have to do thanks again!!! And I use the single player not multiplayer, and what is the difference between?

Edited by sanc2775

25 minutes ago, sanc2775 said:

Apparently it's working now perfectly once again thanks for your patience and answers all my questions about it in the future now I know what I have to do thanks again!!! And I use the single player not multiplayer, and what is the difference between?

Glad it's working.

Single player has the additional missiles and modifications to the flight model/thrust and hard points of the Raptor plus all of the changes to the displays and reflections.  Multi-Player only has the changes to the displays and reflections to preserve compatibility between the stock Grinnelli mod and this one.

5/1/21 update to single player version to correct flare dispensers.  Now works like the stock mod version with flares going down and outboard.

*EDIT* Corrected an issue where console lighting was causing a green tint on the displays in night mode.  No other functionality affected.  Reflections still work, night mode still works.

Edited by Nightstorm

Seems like the last open beta broke the F-22A totally. Was putting one flight in editor, just to try it out, after loadout change it changed to another type and is no longer listed. Have other modded aircrafts and they all shows. Reinstalled it with no change.  Tried to start a old mission and it says I need modules to load F22A. So it seems to require something more than the FC3.

Ignore  user error

However a old mission don't start with it, asking for it's module, new mission no problem.

Edited by Metal_121

• 1 month later...

Yup just took a flight in the Raptor and worked fine.  Very fun to fly this thing. Accelerates like a beast and love the touches that Nightstorm put on it.  

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 7:08 AM, PanicMan15 said:

Hello I am one of the Developers on the F-22. For the pitch axis, make sure you bind your axis to the correct designated F-22 Pitch axis. Please read the entire setup on the website. It is required you setup some stuff before flying the aircraft. The FCS that was modeled uses a new pitch axis so that we can modify it.

there is no F22 Pitch axis bind for me??? looked everywhere, btw on keyboard

FYI before anyone posts this as a bug; 

The per terrain map feature in the modifications I made to the F22 depend upon being able to identify the map when it loads and then choose the correct map graphic to use.  The last map for Syria, did not use the same method of identification and I couldn't identify it specifically.  So, the code could identify the other three and would set them correctly and if it didn't match those three it set it to Syria as that was the only other option.

Now with Marians Islands map, it has the same issue.  That map can't be identified by the same "get" function.  The result is, if the Map isn't Caucasus, Nevada or Persian Gulf, it will be set to Syria.

I'll paste the code below that calls this function.  If anyone has any ideas on how to improve it or get it to work with the new maps I'd be glad for the help.  Thanks!

--NIGHTSTORM MAP SELECT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
local MAP_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/OFF.dds", GreenColor)    --(OFF)
local MAP1_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/MAP1.dds", MainColor)    --(Caucasus)
local MAP2_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/MAP2.dds", MainColor)    --(Nevada)
local MAP3_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/MAP3.dds", MainColor)    --(Persian Gulf)
local MAP4_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/MAP4.dds", MainColor)    --(Syria)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--"Caucasus" Returns Caucasus
--"Nevada" Returns Nevada
--"Persian Gulf" Returns Persian Gulf
--"Syria" Returns NOTHING (Doesn't appear to work)

local map = get_terrain_related_data("name")
local syria = "Syria"

local function Map_Logic()

if map == ("Caucasus") then 
--    print_message_to_user(map)
    MAP_PAGE   = MAP1_PAGE

elseif map == ("Nevada") then 
    MAP_PAGE   = MAP2_PAGE

elseif map == ("Persian Gulf") then 
    MAP_PAGE   = MAP3_PAGE

else
--    print_message_to_user(syria)
    MAP_PAGE   = MAP4_PAGE    
    end

end    

Map_Logic()
--NIGHTSTORM MAP SELECT

*UPDATED 8/13/21* This issue was resolved.  Both single and multi-player versions will now select the correct map.  Links on the first page are updated.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...