F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

I've not seen anything specific.  But from experience:

Auto G by default trims the plane for 1 G level flight, much like the Hornet.

Auto AOA allows for more angle of attack used during take off/landing and in A2A combat.

FCS override allows you to use "faux thrust vectoring"  Since thrust vectoring isn't actually modled it allows you to pull way more deflection and AoA than normal.  Used in A2A combat at close range typically.

I've been working on a new SYS page to replace at least the OFF page on the center MFD.  I'm limited in what I can do with the avionics and systems but I created a display that will show various system on the Raptor as well as monitor a couple of vital ones.

Screens show "normal" and then a bunch of advisories.

I thought it might be better than just a static screen that says "MFD OFF".  I hadn't decided yet if it should just replace all three of the OFF screens.  

*EDIT*

New page is done.  I adjusted the CMFD menu page to show SYS in yellow at the top.  Similar to the other screens that have a unique page.

The Left/Right MFDs still have OFF at the top and that page.

I've added weapons and bay monitoring and positioned the indicators in locations that make the most sense.  The low fuel and AAR indicator share the same position with the AAR overriding the fuel indicator.

Both downloads have been updated to include this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47d2gu21874torf/F-22A Multi Player.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0iahwuoozbqk5t/F-22A Single Player.7z?dl=0

02.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jackaroo said:

Got the F-15C on sale just for this mod, and I love it. I'm not seeing any public servers for it however, both on stable and OB. Is that a plan for the future or is it just User Discretion?

Personally I play single player.  The only server I knew of that used the stock F22 mod was Growling Sidewinder's.   I honestly don't know.

Are all your updates part of the latest Single Player download?

The updated flight data, the updated missile data and MFD updates?

My mod crashed now, so I want to do a clean download and install again.

Maintain thy airspeed lest the ground rise up and smite thee!

YiizHx5.gif

Love this mod it's probably my most used aircraft now!

Will the flight model be developed further to allow for the Raptor's party piece tricks used at airshows? I'd love for it to perform the power loop/somersault and pedal turns ready for an airshow routine.

2 hours ago, BRAVO_16 said:

Are all your updates part of the latest Single Player download?

The updated flight data, the updated missile data and MFD updates?

My mod crashed now, so I want to do a clean download and install again.

Yes.  The single player version contains all updates to everything you mention.

The multi-player version includes all of the MFD changes and reflections but not the rest.

1 hour ago, Trippy said:

Love this mod it's probably my most used aircraft now!

Will the flight model be developed further to allow for the Raptor's party piece tricks used at airshows? I'd love for it to perform the power loop/somersault and pedal turns ready for an airshow routine.

The flight model is still a simple flight model, though modified.  And a few extra tricks that the Grinnelli team included.  They had made mention of a possible EFM at some point in the future but it sounds like that would take a tremendous amount of work.

9 minutes ago, Jerec said:

Any A/G weapons, bombs, cluster bombs, rockets and it would be near perfection!

Unfortunately the avionics are still based on the F-15C.  Which of course was purely an air superiority fighter.  As a result, the F22 mod doesn't support any A2G modes except using the gun.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Nightstorm said:

The flight model is still a simple flight model, though modified.  And a few extra tricks that the Grinnelli team included.  They had made mention of a possible EFM at some point in the future but it sounds like that would take a tremendous amount of work.

Ah I see, that's understandable. I guess things like thrust vectoring are not supported in the SFM hence the inability to perform those manoeuvres for now.

Just now, Trippy said:

Ah I see, that's understandable. I guess things like thrust vectoring are not supported in the SFM hence the inability to perform those manoeuvres for now.

Yes, that's why they included the "FCS ORIDE" mode.  You can basically do a 180 at high speed on a dime.  Betty screams things like "OVER G!" and what not at you but it does it 😉

That was put in to simulate thrust vectoring.  And you can pedal turn with great ease as well.  With a pair of 9x's nothing really stands a chance in a dogfight except the Su57.

• Like 1

And the last of the Raptors.  All 195 Raptors are completed with a few alternate versions.

199th Hawaii ANG unit of the 154th Wing and the 192nd Flagship of the Virginia ANG in two motifs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lktqtkg6nprw6f4/HH 199th.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lm2b32wgxq288fw/192d Flagship.7z?dl=0

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Thunder Chicken22 said:

Banging my head against the wall, trying to figure out why AI F-22s won't employ AMRAAMs.  Tried to download your version Night but it crashes when loading into the mission. 

Remember that this version still required the main mod to be installed first.  Then this replaces some files.  I can tell you that AI wingman seem to have no trouble using the missiles.  I've no idea why it would crash the mission.  Does it load in your mission editor?

Edited by Nightstorm

2 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

Remember that this version still required the main mod to be installed first.  Then this replaces some files.  I can tell you that AI wingman seem to have no trouble using the missiles.  I've no idea why it would crash the mission.  Does it load in your mission editor?

So it works with vanilla Grinnelli's Mk2 mod, but yours and mine mods of this the AI wont shoot slammers.  I have a test mission and only arm them with 120s and no matter the combination no dice.  I'm befuddled. 

I just did some testing of my own, and you're not imagining anything.  The last I knew they were working but yea the AI isn't using any of the AIM-120's, not even the stock C5's.

More testing.

*EDIT*  I'm pretty sure I've solved it.  It's the RADAR definition in the F-22A.lua.  While the AN/APG-77 RADAR works fine for the player it doesn't work for the AI.

No RADAR, no RADAR guided missiles.  It needs to be the AN/APG-63.  No impact on performance of the RADAR that I can see, except that the AI can shoot Fox 3's.

--RADAR             = "AN/APG-77",--F15    --"AN/APG-63",
RADAR             = "AN/APG-63",--F15

@Thunder Chicken22

Verified that AIM-120C-5's and the AIM-120D's work fine now with the AI.  I would imagine the others will too.  No evident affect on the missiles or negative impact from using the APG-63.  They still work fine in both TWS and STT and my Raptor wingman employed all six of his 120D's.

Updated the single player version with the correction.

Edited by Nightstorm

While I was at it I updated both versions with a small change:

On the new "systems" page I renamed the FLAP indication to FLPS.  I wanted to keep it at four letters though.  And I restored the afterburner RPM/Thrust color to orange to differentiate it from the EGT readout which is yellow.  

4 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

I just did some testing of my own, and you're not imagining anything.  The last I knew they were working but yea the AI isn't using any of the AIM-120's, not even the stock C5's.

More testing.

*EDIT*  I'm pretty sure I've solved it.  It's the RADAR definition in the F-22A.lua.  While the AN/APG-77 RADAR works fine for the player it doesn't work for the AI.

No RADAR, no RADAR guided missiles.  It needs to be the AN/APG-63.  No impact on performance of the RADAR that I can see, except that the AI can shoot Fox 3's.

--RADAR             = "AN/APG-77",--F15    --"AN/APG-63",
RADAR             = "AN/APG-63",--F15

@Thunder Chicken22

Verified that AIM-120C-5's and the AIM-120D's work fine now with the AI.  I would imagine the others will too.  No evident affect on the missiles or negative impact from using the APG-63.  They still work fine in both TWS and STT and my Raptor wingman employed all six of his 120D's.

Updated the single player version with the correction.

Wow great catch.  Wonder why it was relabeled to APG-77.  Does it affect the range enhancement (600km vs the stock 250km?)

1 hour ago, Thunder Chicken22 said:

Wow great catch.  Wonder why it was relabeled to APG-77.  Does it affect the range enhancement (600km vs the stock 250km?)

The APG-77 is the RADAR used in the F22.  As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to have any difference in performance when the range is set to 600km.  I realized when I started thinking about the issue that I hadn't picked up my wingman on the RWR either.  And as soon as we took off after changing it back he showed up right behind me.  I knew then it was going to work and soon after he was firing 120's like normal.  So yea for whatever reason the AI needed it to be the 15's RADAR to work correctly.  /shrug  it's not like you can tell any difference so I'll take the working one.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

The APG-77 is the RADAR used in the F22.  As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to have any difference in performance when the range is set to 600km.  I realized when I started thinking about the issue that I hadn't picked up my wingman on the RWR either.  And as soon as we took off after changing it back he showed up right behind me.  I knew then it was going to work and soon after he was firing 120's like normal.  So yea for whatever reason the AI needed it to be the 15's RADAR to work correctly.  /shrug  it's not like you can tell any difference so I'll take the working one.

Yeah I know, the Block 30/35 jets have the -77v1 upgrade.  I was wondering why bother relabeling it.  Does it show up in some description somewhere?