F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

1 minute ago, Nightstorm said:

The release website was also posted right above.  It has all of the information.  

So I'll assume that for requirements, when there is just a link to DCS World, that means the latest version?  Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions, but I don't see anywhere in that link that says what particular versions work or don't work... and I run DCS world and steam DCS world latest open beta, so I'm trying to see what I need.

Im assuming this mod is to be installed in the saved games folder for DCS.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Great, only that there is a little problem, the raising and lowering axles do not work until now, they work to turn right and left or someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? because I installed it in a clean folder then there must be some error of the mod or some way of disengaging the axis any help would be great for me thanks.

I had the mod working and got my controllers configured, but the next time I loaded things up, I have no mouse cursor in the cockpit.  I've tried the LALT C keystroke and it doesn't help.  Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT:  Don't know what the cause was, but uninstalling then reinstalling the mod seems to do the trick.  I'm using OVGME.

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

1 hour ago, Baldawg said:

Im assuming this mod is to be installed in the saved games folder for DCS.

Should look something like this.

C:\Users\Your Computer\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\F-22A

Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Master MB, Gigabyte RTX2080S, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3600Mhz, Corsair MP600 2TB M.2, Corsair MP510 1Tb M.2, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X case.

Am I the only one experiencing a bear of a time installing this mod?

DCS Standalone version. 2.5.6 stable.

• Downloaded file from https://fsoutlet.com/f22/ - Check
  • Own and have F-15C module - Check
  • Copied file into C:/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/Mods/Aircraft - Check

When launching DCS, produces this error: 

Capture.PNG

The module appears in the module manager list and is activated. Naturally there is no F-22A selection available in the Mission Editor.

Previous commenters have stated "follow the instructions and it'll work". There are no instructions to be found in the file I downloaded. I can't find anything online either.

Some older versions stated to copy the bin files from the F-15C (two .DLL files) and place them in the aircraft file (a la every other aircraft module). Did this -- no avail. Changed the .DLL filenames as well -- no avail.

Any input? Been tinkering around for over an hour now and nothing seems to get it to work.

Thanks,

29 minutes ago, bort_bortly said:

Capture.PNG

The module appears in the module manager list and is activated. Naturally there is no F-22A selection available in the Mission Editor.

Previous commenters have stated "follow the instructions and it'll work". There are no instructions to be found in the file I downloaded. I can't find anything online either.

Some older versions stated to copy the bin files from the F-15C (two .DLL files) and place them in the aircraft file (a la every other aircraft module). Did this -- no avail. Changed the .DLL filenames as well -- no avail.

Any input? Been tinkering around for over an hour now and nothing seems to get it to work.

Thanks,

It needs to be install, in C: User/your name/save games/DCS/Mods/ Aircraft

Marc..

33 minutes ago, bort_bortly said:

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Did you create an "Aircraft" folder under your user/saved games/mod folder, and put it there?

The view ports can be made to appear on a second monitor.  Now all I have to do is use Helios and see if the MFD buttons can work on the second monitor. 

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

54 minutes ago, Marcq said:

So I installed the F-22 mod, very nice BTW, everything seems fine except my pitch axis on my Fighterstick is not working, very jittery but works fine in the controller page 

What could be the problem?

Oops I was in FCS mode

Marc.. 

Hello I am one of the Developers on the F-22. For the pitch axis, make sure you bind your axis to the correct designated F-22 Pitch axis. Please read the entire setup on the website. It is required you setup some stuff before flying the aircraft. The FCS that was modeled uses a new pitch axis so that we can modify it.

1 hour ago, PanicMan15 said:

Hello I am one of the Developers on the F-22. For the pitch axis, make sure you bind your axis to the correct designated F-22 Pitch axis. Please read the entire setup on the website. It is required you setup some stuff before flying the aircraft. The FCS that was modeled uses a new pitch axis so that we can modify it.

I've binded that to keyboard but it's not working only controller works for pitch up & down any ideas mate?!

Just the begVIEWPORTS.pnginning:

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Love this mod....very impressed with the level of interaction and complexity that has been created.  Im a home simpit builder and i always try to dig into the default.lua when i get my hands on a new module to make my simpit as usable as i can.  With that said, i have tried to implement more keybinds for the Raptor to make it more user friendly for me however, the usual editing im able to do with other lua's is breaking this default.lua.  Here is an example below where i added the 1 btn from the ICP to see if it would work.

{down = device_commands.Button_17, up = device_commands.Button_17, cockpit_device_id = devices.ICP_SYSTEM, value_down = 1, value_up = 0,  name = _('ICP_1_PNT'), category = _('F-22A ICP')}, 

Im sure ,if this is possible, without having more coding done deeper within the F-22, if so i would love to contribute to the cause for other simpit folks as i and many others have for many other modules in the DCS eco system.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

some success upon further digging,  i was able to implement this code without it breaking the lua, im sure that the keypad on the ICP is for looks at this point since it wasn't implemented to work in the first place.  I will be investigating further with known working elements ie the exterior and interior lighting panels.  More to follow.....

{down = 3017, up = 3017, cockpit_device_id = 7, name = _('ICP 1 PNT'),               category = _('F-22A ICP')},

I was able to bind a button however,  i see no response in game of the 1 button on the ICP when pressing said simpit butt   i did notice that even when im pressing the MFD buttons ive bound to my cougar mfds the in game buttons don't show them being pressed.  they are working however,   not sure if this is a limitation due to it being a mod.  

Success!!!! here are the first working additions for those that would like to use their simpits to control more of the Raptors systems.....

{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Navigation Lights OFF'),              category = _('F-22A Systems')},
{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.1, name = _('Navigation Lights ANTICOL'),          category = _('F-22A Systems')},
{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Navigation Lights POS/ANTICOL'),      category = _('F-22A Systems')},
{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.3, name = _('Navigation Lights POS FLASH'),        category = _('F-22A Systems')},
{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.4, name = _('Navigation Lights POS STEADY'),       category = _('F-22A Systems')},

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Urbi said:

Is that an error or are the lua`s not readable when loading in the game?

f-22a.luachkm0.png

it affects the following lua`s

F-22A.lua
Weapons.lua

Cockpit / scripts
device_init.lua
devices.lua
Cockpit / Scripts / Systems
Avionics.lua
Electrical_System.lua
Engine_System.lua
FCS.lua
ICP_System.lua
MFD_System.lua
PMFD_System.lua
Weapon_System.lua

This is supposed to be like this. This is an encryption we added for security measures.

Here are the final edits to the default.lua for anyone interested.  The Nav light 5 position switch and Emergency Jettison work as you would expect.  The other potentiometer type lighting control knobs are only on or off.  im sure that there is more coding in the module that is required to make them work with encoders or pots.   Ill post the code below as well as make my default.lua available.

{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.0, name = _('NAV Lights OFF'),              category = _('F-22A Systems')},
    {down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.1, name = _('NAV Lights ANTICOL'),          category = _('F-22A Systems')},
    {down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.2, name = _('NAV Lights POS/ANTICOL'),      category = _('F-22A Systems')},
    {down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.3, name = _('NAV Lights POS FLASH'),        category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.4, name = _('NAV Lights POS STEADY'),       category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 1.0, name = _('AAR Lights ON'),               category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = -1.0, name = _('AAR Lights OFF'),             category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = 1.0, name = _('MFD Lights ON'),               category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = -1.0, name = _('MFD Lights OFF'),             category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = 1.0, name = _('INST Lights ON'),              category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = -1.0, name = _('INST Lights OFF'),            category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = 1.0, name = _('CONSOLE Lights ON'),           category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = -1.0, name = _('CONSOLE Lights OFF'),         category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = 1.0, name = _('FLOOD Lights ON'),             category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = -1.0, name = _('FLOOD Lights OFF'),           category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3075, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = 1.0, name = _('FORM Lights ON'),              category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3007, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = -1.0, name = _('FORM Lights OFF'),            category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3002, up = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 4, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Emergency Jettison'),       category = _('F-22A Systems')},

EDIT:  added updated file below

default.lua

Edited by Baldawg
removing outdated default.lua file
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1