Multiplayer Late activation spawns on airbase capture.

Coyote_One

Well, trying to figure this out since I have ZERO clue how to script. I can s et a late activation client spawn of 4 jets. They are triggered to "Group activate" once the airbase has been captured. If you select the slot early, it says "Your slot is waiting to spawn" <-- Thats fine by me. But then when the condition of the airbase being captured happens. They still wont let me spawn into them, even after all conditions are met.

Basically I want nobody to take that slot until the airbase has been captured.

8c2fadc1202d110180e2645506cf55b9.png.d22714c66a3c4f49006216d68d4705d9.png

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently learned this myself. I have aircraft finally spawning at an airbase after capturing it and aircraft cannot be selected until the air base is captured. Try this if you have not figured it out yet. This is without scripts.

Step 1: Place all the aircraft you want at an airbase and set them as late activation. (Which I am sure you already know)

Step 2: Create a trigger to capture that particular airbase. When you get to the Actions portion of the trigger, select Flag Increase with your desired flag and value number.

Step 3: Create another trigger and select the Type as Repetitive Action. Then name it whatever you want to let you know what the trigger is. Under conditions, set Flag Equals and set the Flag number and Value the same as the previous trigger in step 2.Under Actions, select Group activate and set all the desired groups of aircraft that you want to spawn after base capture.

That's all there is to it. I searched everywhere and could never find anything and could never get a straight answer on how to do this. Someone I recently met in DCS walked me through this. I am currently building a mission to do exactly this after capturing bases. There are scripts out that from my understanding to get this done, but this is the way to do without scripts and it works perfectly. I have tested this with friends and every aircraft becomes available to spawn in after base capture and will only become available after doing so.

I hope this helps and/or answers your question.

• 2 years later...

I have just stumpled of this topic. Because I have exactly the same issue. Created the spawn of client arcrafts the same way for a captured airfield. But it is only working for me (....or I would say only for the Host ????). Working on single player, on multiplayer if you are alone. But playing with others it seems only the host can spawn. 

It seems there is no solution till now? I would say this is standart scenario.....

simple behavior: (not optimal but it works, kind of at least)
Place the slot without fuel and ammo. If the Airbase is still belong the enemy coalition, player can't refuel/rearm, so they can't take off.

complex behavior:
None of the built in mission editor function will works in multiplayer environment to achieve this result.

What you can do is use some LUA scripting, and here you have two options:

1. Simple way is to "import" on server the SSB Script ( Simple Slot Blocking ) and than you can enable/disable slot setting the value of corresponding flags.
Flags can be set by mission editor trigger in this scenario.
Works great when you switch just one time from enabled/disable status during the execution of the mission. If you switch several times the status, may have some issues.
This method requires that SSB is installed as a server side mod.

2. Using MOOSE library or native DCS scripting, you can do some action on a specific event, like OnEventPlayerEnterAircraft. After that you can make your check, if the airbase is of the same coalition, and then eventually send back the player to "spectator" with something like: net.force_player_slot(PlayerIDnum, 0, '' )
This method doesn't requires anything on server side, and all the code can be placed inside the mission itself ( .miz ), so you can port it to any other pc or server and it will works.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!