MarkPoints from SA page.

dooom

I am trying to ascertain if i can create a markpoint off of the SA page cursor but cannot figure it out. When i hit MK# on the SA it just creates a flyover point regardless of where my SA cursor is. My use case is that i may be using the SA to denote where a wingman went down to manpad or maybe a SAM circle is present... i'd like to make a MK point, WPDSG it and slew my sensors to the area to start a recon for threats.

Can this be done?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Markpoints are made either on the TGT if there is one, or under the aircraft if there isn't a designation. So if you want to make a point on the map then we will probably need map slew so we can slew waypoints across the map.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

You can also designate a mark point using the HUD as Target Designator, but not useful for your use case.

A work around could be to set a mark point in your current position and then enable course to have a rough direction where your wingman was downed. A least you'll have a rough direction along where to search for you SA and so on...

Another idea, if you have a targeting pod is, is to slew the targeting pod while watching the pod symbol on the SA page (small square) until it's over the area you want, then use the pod to designate that spot as a target. You can then get coords from the pod, or create a Mk point.

good idea.... i'm going to play with that tonight and see if it works

• Like 1

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• 2 weeks later...
You can also designate a mark point using the HUD as Target Designator, but not useful for your use case.

A work around could be to set a mark point in your current position and then enable course to have a rough direction where your wingman was downed. A least you'll have a rough direction along where to search for you SA and so on...

I will have to go back and try again, but the last time I tried, I could not get the CSEL line to work with a Mark Point. In my case, I was landing on an airfield with no TACAN, and created a MARK POINT on the end of the runway, then tried to make a CSEL line to follow in to land. I couldn't get the CSEL line to appear. Should it work for Mark Points? I used TPOD to make a TARGET POINT, and I didn't think CSEL would work on that, hence creating the Mark Point.

I will have to go back and try again, but the last time I tried, I could not get the CSEL line to work with a Mark Point. In my case, I was landing on an airfield with no TACAN, and created a MARK POINT on the end of the runway, then tried to make a CSEL line to follow in to land. I couldn't get the CSEL line to appear. Should it work for Mark Points? I used TPOD to make a TARGET POINT, and I didn't think CSEL would work on that, hence creating the Mark Point.

CSEL wasn't working for TGT and Markpoints initially, but it was added with a recent update.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

OP has a good point in terms of future functionality. We will eventually get the TXDSG feature, which broadcasts your TGT to other Hornets. So I guess at some point we should get the markpoint creation at an SA TDC position.

Or something similar that allows us to use that broadcast to make a TGT and then create a markpoint from there.

Stay safe