External camera view usable as a separate view?

Vol4Ever

Pretty quickly learning LUA file structure & editing via this forum (thank you)! My question deals with external aircraft view camera. Is there applicable code for monitor LUA file so external camera could be shown in a view window on second monitor along with LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD?

~Vol

HOMEBREW RIG:

MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Mobo, Ryzen 7 3.9 GHz octo-core, 32 GB RAM, GeForce 1660 Ti, 512 GB Rocket NVMe SSD, 4 TB HDD, Oculus Quest 128 GB, Warthog HOTAS & Pedals (finally!!)

MODULES:

F/A-18C Hornet, Persian Gulf Map, Nevada Test Range Map

Addressing the title of this thread, it it not possible from my knowledge to have two different F-Key views at the same time even if they are on different lua views.

not possible from my knowledge to have two different F-Key views at the same time

F-Key Views is a much better way to describe it (thanks). Kinda bummed as I really do like seeing the aircraft itself, but have to stay with the in cockpit view, other than quick toggles, while playing. I guess that's what the replays are for. :)

What about kneeboard? This is my first attempt at doing this & PeterP's tutorial was extremely helpful. I fully understand pixel counts and how to define x/y's so everything appears where I want it, but I really wish there was some sort of consolidated list showing EVERY various item that can be put on second screen. Maybe that info can be gleaned from each aircraft's own LUA file somewhere since they all can have different features, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. For now, I'm using both MFCD's and AMPCD just to get comfortable with editing.

~Vol

Edited by Vol4Ever
typos

HOMEBREW RIG:

MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Mobo, Ryzen 7 3.9 GHz octo-core, 32 GB RAM, GeForce 1660 Ti, 512 GB Rocket NVMe SSD, 4 TB HDD, Oculus Quest 128 GB, Warthog HOTAS & Pedals (finally!!)

MODULES:

F/A-18C Hornet, Persian Gulf Map, Nevada Test Range Map

Maybe that info can be gleaned from each aircraft's own LUA file somewhere since they all can have different features, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. For now, I'm using both MFCD's and AMPCD just to get comfortable with editing.

~Vol

I think that there isn't a "list" somewhere because a lot of it requires modification to the game files and ED does not exactly document what can and cannot be exported. So many people have their unique solutions and many more people chose which solution to use based on their individual situation.