Razer Tartarus V2

Is anybody using these in DCS? I picked one up for a fairly cheap price and want to use it to finally eliminate the need for my full-size keyboard for anything in VR. DCS detects the device (as a joystick) in the control settings, but I am unable to bind any keys. Do I have to use the software that comes with the Razer? Every other device I use (and there are many) can be configured from within DCS.

Thanks.

Yes, I use a Razer Tartarus, and it's a nice addition to my VR simpit.

Using the software would be best, yes. Open Razer Synapse, select the tartarus and start binding the buttons. I find it best to bind the buttons to joystick buttons 1 through 24 instead of keyboard keys. That way they do not interfere with any keyboard bindings you may have set. Costumize it, hit save, and you should be able to bind the Tartarus to DCS control settings right away.

I also use one and have assigned keys using the Razer software - works really well. Some are assigned to keys, other keys to joystick buttons and the 4 way controller is set up to adjust my cockpit seat position

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Thanks for the feedback....

I designated the 01 - 12 keys as F1 - F12 in the Synapse software and it works in DCS. I didn't even need to configure them within DCS since it seems to be just emulating the keyboard function keys which are already set in DCS. I also designated the scroll wheel for typical mouse functionality, ie. scroll up and scroll down. It also worked in DCS without having to make any changes to the control settings. Is this how it should done, or is there some other way to configure the Razer keys directly within DCS?

Do it the way you have - it then works for every airframe (unless they have decided to have different keybinds)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal