NEWS "RAFALE PACK EVOLUTION II" Version 2.8.7 August 2023 by the Cuesta Brothers Team

On 10/28/2021 at 12:29 PM, Sérvalpilot said:

Hi, I'd just like to share my thoughts on this new version.

The B and C variants still have the base of a tail hook.

20211028111514_1.jpg

The new pilot helmet is a bit better, but still looks like an oval.

20211028110742_1.jpg

The AASM "HAMMER" model looks much better, but the 3D model has over 442,000 triangles, which is A LOT. For comparison, the Mk-82 has around 6,000 triangles, the Mirage-2000 has 196,000, the F-15C has around 153,000, and the Su-27 has 146,000. This could be a big performance hit due to unnecessary detail.

Hi Servalpilot,
I will try to respond at my level to your comments. Thank you for the feedback.
First of all:
"The B and C variants still have the base of a tail hook."
the hook is also present on the irl version of the Rafale, it is used in particular to stop planes on a hard runway provided with an emergency stop strand in case of problems (braking problem, excessive overheating of the brakes etc. ) of the tenps of mirages 2000 it was nets which were in the place of the stop strands.
More:
"The new pilot helmet is a bit better, but still looks like an oval."
Indeed, I think the person who was used for the helmet template came from another planet. Maybe an early answer to "do aliens exist ???" but that doesn't bother. will still try to find a landlord for the template.lol
And to finish:
"The AASM" HAMMER "model looks much better, but the 3D model has over 442,000 triangles, which is A LOT. For comparison, the Mk-82 has around 6,000 triangles, the Mirage-2000 has 196,000, the F-15C has around 153,000, and the Su-27 has 146,000. This could be a big performance hit due to unnecessary detail. "
When we love we don't count ... lol. This is largely my fault, when I took the model I forgot to decrease the number of polygons before the EDM import that I gave to sushy .I would try to rectify the situation when I manage to get my remesher quad addon working again.
Anyway, enjoy this wonderful mod that Patrick and Eric have made available to us, I wish you a pleasant playing time.
Good flight.

• Like 1

@Seyv You did a great job on the AASM! I'm also glad someone agrees that the pilot's head looks like an egg.

The Rafale C and B do have tail hooks, but they are a lot smaller and less visible than the one on the M variant. They look a bit like the one on the F-16.

Here's a photo of a Rafale C taking off. Do you see the hook?

And here's a photo of the Rafale M taking off

In this mod, the B and C variants have the base of the tail hook from the M variant.

Thank you to Seyv for these useful details and for the helmet will try to improve it. (if someone has an MD3D in Max 2014 helmet, we are a buyer, you never know)

You know we spend a lot of time documenting ourselves before creating or updating a mod, but we can be wrong where to miss it sometimes, no one is infallible.

I think that if DASSAULT leaves us alone, it is because we do not massacre its Rafale too much and that somewhere, very modestly, we participate in its legend.

Merci a  Seyv pour ces précisions utiles et pour le casque ont vas tacher de l'améliorer. (si quelqu'un a un MD3D en Max 2014 de casque on est preneur, on ne sait jamais)

Vous savez ont passe beaucoup de temps à se documenter avant de créer où updater un mod, mais on peut se tromper où passer à cotés parfois, personne est infaillible.

Je pense que si DASSAULT nous laisse tranquille c'est que l'on ne massacre pas trop son Rafale et que quelque part, très modestement,  on participe a sa légende.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Passion

1 hour ago, Patrick56 said:

I think that if DASSAULT leaves us alone, it is because we do not massacre its Rafale too much and that somewhere, very modestly, we participate in its legend.

I think the main problem in Rafale making its way to becoming full fidelity official module is French government and its laws,

they are stopping F2 version, which is no longer in use, to be in this sim. Dassault, as I have heared in some interview with ED, is ok with it.

Edited by Furiz

Bonjour, merci pour votre fantastique Mod!!!!

Le jeu plante en 2.7.7 ( au chargement du jeu, retour bureau ) quand le Rafale est installé, avez vous eu des retours en ce sens?

Merci encore et bonne continuation.

Avit

Edited by Avit46