ap/autotrim not working

eatthis

How fast were you going? The autopilot won't engage above 400 knots (or 450, I don't recall exactly).

all speeds, from straight off the ground to supersonic. ive never heard of it being speed sensitive either, where did you read that? are you sure youre not confusing it with the airbrake? that wont deplot fully above 450 kts

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

all speeds, from straight off the ground to supersonic. ive never heard of it being speed sensitive either, where did you read that? are you sure youre not confusing it with the airbrake? that wont deplot fully above 450 kts

Nah, seems I've misinterpereted an advisory not to use it above 400 knots as a limit that it wouldn't engage above 400 knots, my bad.

https://forums.eagle.ru/filedata/fetch?id=6646641

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/licensed-third-party-projects/heatblur-simulations/dcs-f-14a-b/bugs-and-problems-bf/249024-no-bug-autopilot-issues

Works for me @latest beta. I use AP switch a lot. Check your bindings.

bindings are fine, i can see the switch too. i use the autotrim alot and the last 4 flights its been u/s for me, just doesnt work at all

Sim. If you want to "simulate" the Tomcat and operate it in a realistic manner then yes what is in NATOPS is very relevant. There is probably a very good reason why the AP was not meant to be used past those speeds, most likely leading in failure of the system or various other undesirable effects. But if you just wanna do whatever is possibe in the "Sim" then sure, go ahead an pull 9+ G's, use flaps past Vfe and break the jet to your advantage. No need to re-use it afterwards anyway? :music_whistling: (caution sarcasm)

While it is possible in DCS to use the AP at almost all speeds it was simple never used past the stated operational speed limitations IRL. Just like the F-16 never uses 4x HARM's and Navy and Marine Hornets don't use IR MAV's.

As for the OP's report, I will check this myself in a bit but if it doesn't work at all at low speeds then that is clearly a bug.

Sim. If you want to "simulate" the Tomcat and operate it in a realistic manner then yes what is in NATOPS is very relevant.

By your post it seems clear that you did not understand my intentions. I was simply stating that the above question of "how fast were you going when you tried to use it?", with the NATOPS limit in mind, did not apply to what the sim allowed.

OP says "Why doesn't my AP work?", replies come in saying "NATOPS says not to use it above 0.9M", I simply point out "I have used the AP at Mach 2" as a way to say that the NATOPS limit is either something that must be pilot observed or is not currently in the sim. In either case, supersonic speed would have nothing to do with why the sim did not engage AP for the OP.

For my part, I prefer to simulate real life. No 8 JSOW Hornets, no 4 HARM Vipers, no full flap maneuvers in the Tomcat. I quite simply was not aware of this NATOPS limit until this thread. I could have just as easily done my M2 run with trim instead of AP.

Skysurfer, you seem to be so sure, but do you even have proper version of that NATOPS or just 2004 -AAP which lies on the streets?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Yes the 2004 digital one for the DFCS A. What is a "proper" version in your view?

That would be 1997 one for AFCS B which HB uses to model their aircraft. So normally the 2004 would do but not in such cases where FCS is involved.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

turns out my stick calibration was off centre for some reason, that would explain my piss poor flying this week lol looks like iv been subconciously holding off to keep it straight. gonna test it in a minute

• Like 1