Track Ir

Morphus

How do I bind my Track IR centering F12 key to my HOTAS?

You don't. You add/replace F12 as a Hotkey for centering in the TrackIR setting/profile. Maybe you need to clone the default profile first if you use the default, as it can't be edited, AFAIK.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Really depends what HOTAS you're using. The easy way, as shagrat suggested, is just to change the centering key in TIR from F12 to whatever HOTAS key you want to use. You might also be able to do it with the configuration software for whatever joystick you have (i.e. TARGET for Thrustmaster, Virpil config software etc). A third option would be to use Joy to Key or other similar software to make a HOTAS keypress send a key keypress. Personally, I use the first option and just change it in my TIR profile.

• Like 1

I keep it simple. My keyboard is right in front of me and holding my head where I want it and tapping F12 is easy. I only need to do it once when first getting in the cockpit. Actually, you don't even need to be in the cockpit to do it. You can do it on the last page showing before clicking the button to enter the cockpit.

Buzz

I have TIR centering bound to a button on my VKB stick base. I find I use it more than maybe I should but sometimes my headset moves some on my head and then I don't get full range of pitch. SO I hit DCS pause, go to TIR, hit 'center' and check my range of movement. I am slowly trying to get everything off the keyboard but I don't think it will ever be everything. I have also thought about making some kind of quick setup bracket to set my keyboard on the desk at maybe a 45 degree angle. That would make using it a lot easier.