Do I have to reinstall all of DCS if it's on another Hard drive?

I'm just about to reinstall windows again on an SSD, so do I have to reinstall all of DCS again? I have DCS on a different Hard drive to my Windows drive, so does this that mean I won't have to reinstall it all again? How do I go about installing it if I don't have to delete most of the game that's on the second drive? Any help would be appeciated because I'm dreading this if I have to reinstall all of it again.

I'm just about to reinstall windows again on an SSD, so do I have to reinstall all of DCS again? I have DCS on a different Hard drive to my Windows drive, so does this that mean I won't have to reinstall it all again?

Correct, if you will only be installing Windows on a separate drive, then your DCS program will not be affected, you will only need to re-create the shortcuts that you use to launch DCS.

However, take care with the DCS user space, that is usually stored on your account folder at /Users/your-user/Saved Games/DCS/ Make a backup of it to preserve its content.

How do I go about installing it if I don't have to delete most of the game that's on the second drive? Any help would be appeciated because I'm dreading this if I have to reinstall all of it again.

You could use cloning software to copy the contents of your current Windows drive onto the new SSD. I use Acronis for this type of thing. You will need an external drive as temporary space, unless you are able to mount the new SSD on your PC without removing the current drives, on that case you can clone straight drive to drive.

The main advantage of cloning is that you won't need to reinstall any of your software and you wont lose the passwords that windows remembers but you not :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Correct, if you will only be installing Windows on a separate drive, then your DCS program will not be affected, you will only need to re-create the shortcuts that you use to launch DCS.

However, take care with the DCS user space, that is usually stored on your account folder at /Users/your-user/Saved Games/DCS/ Make a backup of it to preserve its content.

You could use cloning software to copy the contents of your current Windows drive onto the new SSD. I use Acronis for this type of thing. You will need an external drive as temporary space, unless you are able to mount the new SSD on your PC without removing the current drives, on that case you can clone straight drive to drive.

The main advantage of cloning is that you won't need to reinstall any of your software and you wont lose the passwords that windows remembers but you not :)

Thanks a bunch for all that info. I did have a clone of my windows drive, but I had to reinstall windows because unfortunatly I cloned it while it was corrupted and had a virus. So I just make a copy of that Saved Games folder and place it where you suggested then? Also would that be the only folder that resides on the windows drive? Thanks again.

So I just make a copy of that Saved Games folder and place it where you suggested then?

Yes, make a copy on either an external drive or on the same drive where you currently have DCS

Also would that be the only folder that resides on the windows drive?

For DCS yes, but I'm sure you have a lot of other information on your C drive .. at a minimum you should save the C:\Users\your-user\ folder ... but maybe you have more data stored, for example I save my photo library at C:\Photos .. I would have to backup that too, etc.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB